Develop a passion for learning, if you do, you will never cease to grow ~ A. D’Angelo
There are many different forms of learning, from teacher-centred learning, hands-on interactive learning to student-centred learning. Please make sure to keep it simple and have fun.
Here is a list of some ideas for families to learn something new.
Language & Indigenous Study
- Ministry’s “The Learn at Home” resources https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home.
- Audible Stories https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- The Big list of Children’s authors doing Read Alouds and activities https://www.weareteachers.com/virtual-author-activities/
- Free access to Tumblebooks https://ideaexchange.org/life/idea/free-access-all-tumblebooks
- Scholastic free resources https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Indigenous Cinema Library https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/nfb-indigenous-cinema-free-self-isloating-1.5504434
- Typing – Nitro type https://www.nitrotype.com/
- Family Read a-loud – Pick your favourite book and read it as a family. Then have a discussion based on your favourite character or event.
- Mathology https://www.pearsoncanadaschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PS3e1i
- Free Math video lessons bit.ly/2x4HRet
- Lego Education LEGOeducation.com/MeetSPIKEprime
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Math Card games https://www.weareteachers.com/math-card-games/
Religion & Family Life
- Growing in Faith Resources www.pearsoncanada.ca/growinginfaith/students-home username:GIFGIC_student99, password: Student99
- Weekly Mass activities https://mailchi.mp/holyheroes/mass-activities-march-20
- Nature walks are also a great time to spend with God
- Christian Meditation https://www.wccm.org/
Arts, Music, Science & Social Studies
- A collection of Globe & Mail giant crosswords https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-a-collection-of-the-globe-and-mails-giant-crosswords/
- Learning with household items https://www.kiwico.com/kids-at-home
- Astro at home https://www.discovertheuniverse.ca/post/astro-at-home
- Science experiments to keep your child engaged https://www.boredteachers.com/resources/40-science-websites-to-keep-kids-engaged-and-entertained-at-home
- Famous Museums’ Virtual Tours https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- National Geographic Young Readers Magazine https://ngexplorer.cengage.com/ngyoungexplorer/index.html
- Bestselling Children’s Author Mo Willems Is Teaching Kids Drawing On YouTube https://www.boredpanda.com/free-online-lunch-doodles-sessions-for-kids-mo-willems/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic
- Learn a new instrument – youtube.ca