Just a reminder that virtual Parent-Teacher Interviews on Thursday, November 26th from 3:30 – 8:00 pm and Friday, November 27th from 8:45 am – 2:15 pm. The online scheduling tool is now closed. If you have not scheduled an interview with your child’s teacher(s) please contact them directly to do so.
All Grade 1-8 students have now been assigned a locker. Parents are asked to please review the the protocols for locker usage below with their children:
- No locks are permitted on any lockers
- Lockers will be used for outerwear ONLY (boots, snow pants, mittens, hats, gloves)
- Students will not be permitted to keep personal belongings in their lockers other than their outerwear – this is to avoid the need to make repeated visits to the locker and to shorten the time spent at the lockers
- Students will not be permitted to access their locker during class time
- Teachers will stagger the times students are sent to their lockers to retrieve their outerwear in order to avoid congregating in the hallways
Just a reminder to place your order for poinsettias and festive arrangements from Terra Greenhouses to decorate your home or offer as gifts. Please see the attached flyer for details. If you wish to make a purchase, you may do so until 25th via School Cash Online. We will facilitate a curbside pick-up for families on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 from 3:30-5:30 pm at the front bus loop.
Giving Tree Initiative
Thank you to all of our families who have aready donated to this wonderful initiative. Should you wish to particpate, please see below:
- Parents can donate directly to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul via St. Matthew’s parish: https://www.ssvpsaintmatthew.org/Donate.asp.
- Parents can donate via School Cash Online
- Students can select an ornament form their classroom tree (bulletin board display) to take home and parents can send in a gift card(s) to the school. If this is your wish, please write a note in your child’s agenda for their teacher and an ornament will be sent home with a suggested gift card.
Thank you for your generosity.
Reusable Water Bottles
A reminder to all families to please send your children to school with a reusable water bottle each day. Though are water fountains are not available, our filling stations are. Kindly ensure the water bottle is labelled with the student’s name.
Virtual Book Fair ends Friday
Thank you to all of our families who have already purchased items from our virtual book fair. The fair ends on Friday. Please check out the link below to watch videos of popular titles, preview featured books and place any orders:
PA Day Friday, November 27
Just a reminder to all of our families that due to Parent-Teacher Interviews on Friday, November 27th, there will be no school for students.
COVID-19 School Screening Tool
Yesterday, the Ontario government released changes to the COVID-19 School Screening Tool used to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 in children.
The guidelines continue to evolve as we learn more about COVID-19, how it spreads, and how it affects children and adults in different ways.
The updated screening tool offers a more comprehensive checklist of the type and number of symptoms needed for a child to stay home for a period of time and seek medical advice.
Please note that the COVID-19 School Screening Tool is not to be used as a clinical assessment or intended to take the place of medical advice; a diagnosis or treatment.
The online COVID-19 Screening Tool will be updated soon to include these new revisions.
In the meantime, you are asked to keep screening your children for COVID-19 each day using the updated guidelines in the link below:
October 1st Update – COVID-19 Screening Tool for Children As always, the health and safety of our students, staff and families is our highest priority, and we will continue to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Halton Region Public Health to ensure all protocols are in place and followed in each of our schools.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to keep our school community healthy and safe for all.