“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
~ Robert Collier
Well we are in the final stretch. We only have 2 more weeks and then this historic year will come to an end. I cannot thank everyone enough for their patience, their support, their “stick with it, even when it’s been incredibly hard” attitude. The parents, the staff, the students have all been amazing and I am truly blessed to be part of such a wonderful community!
- If you haven’t signed up for your pickup/dropoff time slot yet, please do so ASAP. An email with the directions for signing up and the health and safety protocols for doing so was sent out on Wednesday. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Grade 7 and 8 pickup will be on Thursday, June 18th from 9am-1pm. Reminder there will be an opportunity for our grade 8 students to have their picture taken that day in a special balloon Graduation area. Please adhere to social distancing while pictures are being done. Only one student will be photographed at a time and it must correspond with your pickup time.
- K-6 pickup/dropoff is Wednesday, June 24th and Thursday, June 25th. Please make sure you pay close attention to your time slot.
- All texts books, borrowed technology, library books and classroom materials must be returned by the 25th of June.
- The last day of digital classes will be Friday, June 26th. Information regarding the distribution of report cards will be forthcoming from the board this week.
- The Parish Food drive planned for next week has been cancelled by St. John Church.
Courtesy Seats on School Buses for the 2020-2021 School Year
Families with children who take the bus to school are advised that the application process for receiving courtesy seats on school buses will be delayed for the 2020-21 school year. Due to physical distancing measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it may not be possible to grant courtesy seats or the process may be delayed for next school year.
However, parents and guardians can continue to submit a Courtesy Seat Application, and will be notified via email once a decision on this process has been made.
Please note that there is no guarantee that a courtesy seat will be offered if you submit an application, or if your child had a courtesy seat in the past. Visit the Halton Student Transportation Services website for more information: www.haltonbus.ca
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
To our Graduates
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
I ask that you hold our grade 8 students in your prayers this week. This was not the way they thought they would end their days in elementary school but we wish them all the best as they make the leap to high school. We will have lots of tweets out on Thursday to celebrate this very special group of students!
Please continue to follow us on twitter at @stjburlington.
Have a wonderful week!