Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
Welcome to a new week at St. John. Thank you to all who wore an extra layer to stay warm on our National Sweater Day. These simple acts allow us to make a difference in our carbon footprint and help protect the world God gave us.
This week we will celebrate Valentine’s Day on Thursday and continue to focus on a message of kindness and love for the school. All students will be provided a nut free valentine cookie to celebrate the special occasion. Parents are kindly asked that if they are sending in valentines that they are aware that we are an allergen reduced environment and no treats containing nuts will be handed out.
In conjunction with our Catholic School Council, we continue to look for ways to reduce the congestion in the parking lot. Pylons have been placed to indicate that cars are not to be exiting the parking lot onto Brant Street during busy times before and after school. The front of the school is a bus zone and cars are forbidden from stopping and dropping off in this area. A visual has been provided below to show the flow of traffic.
Please note that safety is our main concern in our parking lot and that while every person’s time is valuable it does not take precedence over the safety of our students. Patience and respect are our guiding principles when using the parking lot. Thank you to all for your assistance in this very important matter.
- Thursday, February 13th will be a paid NON-Uniform Day. Students are encouraged to wear red, white and pink to celebrate Valentine’s Day. $2 donations will go to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Students are still encouraged to sign for the St. John Talent Show if interested.
- First Communion Parent Meeting Thursday, February 13th at 7PM in the library.
- Friday, February 14th is a PA Day. NO school for students. Monday, February 17th is Family Day. School is closed.
- Term 1 Report cards go home on Wednesday, February 19th.
- The school will celebrate Pancake Tuesday and Mardi Gras on Tuesday, February 25th. Please send a note to the classroom teacher regarding allergies for pancake Tuesday or if you wish to have your child exempted from pancakes. Mardi Gras dance will take place in the afternoon.
- Ash Wednesday will take place on February 26th at 9AM at St. John Church. All are welcome to join us as we begin our Lenten journey.
- St. John Parish is hosting a Pancake Dinner on Tuesday, February 25 in the Church Hall. All are welcome to join. Donations welcome at the door.
Have a wonderful week!
Please follow us on twitter @stjburlington to see all the amazing things happening at St. John. I am pleased to see our followers growing as we tweet out the learning taking place throughout the school!