“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying Goodbye so hard.”
~Winne the Pooh
Welcome to our last weekly update for this school year. First I would like to thank the whole community for a wonderful year. It has truly been a blessing to become part of this community. It is with a heavy heart that I list all of the amazing staff that will be moving on from St. John. Our staff have given of their time, their tears, their love and their joy all year long and we are forever grateful for having them as part of our St. John family.
Good bye to: Miss Sehn, Miss James, Miss Dalli, Miss Rosehart, Mr. Hasse, Mr. Nagy, Ms. Nolan, Mrs. Mayne and Mrs. Arujo. You have all played a role in the life and success of the school and your presence and influence will be missed.
A heartfelt congratulations to our Grade 8 graduates. We wish you much love and success as you go forward in your schooling journey. May your faith help you through the good times and the challenging times.
Thank You to:
- All the parents who serve on our school council. You give of your time to make sure that St. John students have the greatest opportunities.
- All the parent volunteers that have served this school over the year. Your service makes so much of what we do happen.
- All the staff at St. John. You have such wonderful compassion and dedication to every student that walks through the door. You make a difference on a daily basis, demonstrating that the hands of God work in each one of you!
- And of course, thank you to our wonderful students! You are the reason we come to work every day. Your enthusiasm and joy of learning make it all worth it!!
- Friday, June 28 is the final day of school and there is an early dismissal at 1:35pm.
- Friday will be a non-uniform day! Please remember we always take gently used uniform pieces at the office.
- Parents are reminded to please pick up EpiPen’s and other medications you might have stored at the school on Friday. New medical packages will be available so that information can be updated over the summer. We ask that you drop this off during the last week of summer.
- There is no pizza day or lunch box orders this week. Please be reminded that food is not to be sent in this week. Teachers will find special ways to celebrate with their students but we are always mindful of our students with allergies and the need to be safe. Thank you for your assistance.
- Report cards go Home Tuesday, June 25. Please return page three before the end of the week.
The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 3. Please be advised that effective Friday, August 30 after 9:00 a.m., you will be able to access information about your child’s class placement. This information will be available on the Board’s website at: www.hcdsb.org. You will need your child’s OEN Number that can be found on their report card. A reminder email will be sent to you in August.
Once again thank you all for a wonderful year and have a very blessed summer!
Please follow us on twitter @stjburlington to see all the amazing things happening at St. John. I am pleased to see our followers growing as we tweet out the learning taking place throughout the school!