“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?”
Welcome to the second week of June. A huge thank you to all the staff, parents, community members and of course students that came out and supported our First Family Fun Fair. It was a great event and a special thanks goes to our graduating students who supported the set up, games and the cleanup. Raffle winners and Silent Auction prize winners will be contacted Monday to claim their prizes.
• Monday, June 10th is our ABA Bonanza. Parents are welcome to join from 2:30-3:30 in the library for information around supporting children with Autism.
• June 11th-14th the grade 8 students will be away on their end of year trip to Camp Tanamakoon.
• June 14th K-3 students will have a ”Cool Pool” safety presentation from the Burlington Recreation Department.
• Tuesday, June 18th is our Playday in the morning. This will be a non-uniform day and parents are reminded to send in sunscreen, hats and water bottles. Freezies will be given out.
• Thursday, June 20th is our final School Mass at 9 AM. This mass will be hosted by our grade 8 students and will begin their graduation festivities for the day. Time will be taken at the of mass to honour the staff leaving St. John, with a special ceremony for Mr. Nagy’s retirement. All are welcome and encouraged to join.
• Our official graduation ceremony will take place at 7:30 PM on June 20th at St. John Church. Immediately following the ceremony there will be a graduation dance in the Church hall.
• Friday, June 28th is the final day of school, This day will have an early dismissal at 1:30PM.
Raptors wear days. Students are allowed to wear their raptors gear (or red, black and white) tops on game days. UNIFORM BOTTOMS ARE A MUST. Students arriving in non-uniform bottoms will be directed to call home and have bottoms dropped off.
Uniform reminders. Students are expected to wear ISW (or McCarthy) uniform tops and bottoms. Outside sources are not acceptable. Parents are kindly asked to comply by purchasing uniforms from the providers only. Students wearing non-uniform attire will be have parents contacted.
Please note that we have many “lost” uniform pieces in our lost and found.
Please feel free to donate any gently used uniform pieces that you child may have outgrown over the course of the year.
Have a wonderful week!
Please follow us on twitter @stjburlington to see all the amazing things happening at St. John. I am pleased to see our followers growing as we tweet out the learning taking place throughout the school!
Green Calendar in the Classroom