God, thank you for a new year.
May everyone in our family be willing to begin anew with a clean slate.
We know that you are always ready to forgive us.
Help us to be willing to forgive ourselves and to forgive one another.
As we begin a new year, remind us of our truest values and our deepest desires.
Help us to live in the goodness that comes from doing what you want us to do.
Help us to put aside anxiety about the future and the past, so that we might live in peace with you now, one day at a time.
We ask this, and all things through Christ our Lord.
Welcome Back to our staff and students on January 5 to a New Year filled with hope and promise!
Thank you to our SJOA community for taking precautions and following Public Health Guidelines over the holidays and keeping your loved ones safe!
Thank you to our families for utilizing the Rapid Antigen Test kits over the holidays and ensuring that you complete and confirm the daily screening for your child upon their return to school starting on January 5 and until further notice!
St. Matthew Catholic Parish News
NEW YEAR’S PRAYER OF BLESSING
As we mark the beginning of a new year, it’s important, as people of faith, to spend some time seeking God’s blessing. Resolutions are a helpful, but prayer is indispensable.
Follow St. Matthew Catholic Church on Social Media and keep up to date with all that is happening in our parish! There are four ways to connect to the parish:
- Website – https://www.saintmatthew.ca/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/saintmtoakville
- Twitter – @saintmtoakville
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Af1hB7O-VS5PB1gYvTJhA
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- The province will be updating the COVID-19 school and child care screener ahead of the return to school on January 5 as well as updating COVID-19 reporting requirements for school boards and child care in January.
- The province will be supplying three-ply cloth masks for students in January. These masks will be distributed to families once we have received them from the Ministry.
- Families who have travelled outside of Canada over the Christmas break are reminded to monitor updates to federal travel directives and mandatory isolation periods for students. Please refer to the Government of Canada’s instructions for travellers from outside Canada for more information.
*Please continue to monitor your emails for updates from the school and the Board.
UPDATED COVID-19 Safety Measures
For the safety and well-being of all students and staff, parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8C)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- Individuals experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 as identified in the screening tool, must not attend school and should follow the guidance provided in the screening tool
The Government of Ontario daily self-screening tool can be accessed here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
Please take time to complete your child’s Daily COVID 19 screening each morning. We are asking all parents to confirm screening by initialing the log each day. This needs to be completed by a parent daily until further notice as per the Ministry of Education Update: Return to School – January 2022. Thank you for your support and patience!
Dressing for Winter
- Please ensure your child is dressed each day to play outside at recess. Students are outside for all regular outside activities when it is warmer than -15°C. When temperatures range between -15°C to -20°C, students may remain outside for no longer than 20-minute intervals, once temperatures are colder than -20°C students must remain inside.
- As winter weather is fast approaching, parents are reminded to visit our website for important information and reminders regarding our Inclement Weather procedures and the Inclement Weather Transportation Zones map: http://bit.ly/HCDSBInclementWeather
Looking for notifications on bus delays and cancellations
Halton Student Transportation Services (HSTS) provides important information for parents and students who ride the bus to and from school. Bus delays and cancellation information can be found directly on the Delays & Cancellations page.