The final Change to Learning Environment Request Form is now OPEN.
Request to Change Learning Environment
If you wish to change your child’s learning environment by switching from remote learning to in-class instruction, or vice versa, you are asked to complete an online request form.
Important notes before you complete the online form:
- You are asked to submit a separate form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this request. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- This online request form applies to elementary students ONLY. Requests for changes in the learning environment at the secondary school level should be sent to directly to your child’s secondary school Principal.
- This form does not apply to homeschooling. If your child is currently being homeschooled and you would like to request a change to either in-class instruction or remote learning, please contact your Family of Schools Superintendent.
- Please note that this is the final opportunity to change your child’s learning environment. After the final learning environment switch on Monday, March 29, 2021, your child will remain in that learning environment until the end of the school year.
NOTE: Please do not complete this form unless you want to change your child’s current learning environment – i.e. your child is currently attending in-class instruction and you want to switch to remote (online) learning in a virtual classroom.
CLICK HERE to access the online form to request a change to your child’s learning environment.
The online form will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 18, 2021.
Once the online form has closed, our staff will begin to work through the rescheduling process.
- Parents and guardians will receive confirmation of the changes to their children’s learning environment during the week of March 22, 2021.
- The changes will come into effect as of Monday, March 29, 2021.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about in-class instruction in our HCDSB elementary schools.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about remote learning in our HCDSB Virtual Elementary School.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.