A special Farewell
We would like to thank all the wonderful staff at St. James for all they do to support learning and wellbeing in our building on a daily basis. As the year comes to an end we need to say some special goodbyes to staff leaving. We will be sad to them go but we will always remember the wonderful things they did to support the students and the families of St. James. Leaving us are: Mrs. Lepore, Mrs. Almeida, Mr. Porto, Ms. Perino, Mrs. Ribble, Mrs. Bertrand, Mr. Van Sickle, Ms. DiCarolei, Mrs. Launder, Mrs. Gesuale, Ms. Horoky-Cooper, Ms. Paul, Mrs. Johnstone, Ms. Medeiros, Mrs. Atanasovska and Mrs. Debosky.
A special congratulation to Mrs. Hickey who will be retiring at the end of this week! Thank you for your many years of service at St. James. We wish you well!
Goodbye to all our families that are moving. Thank you for being part of the St. James family and we wish you the best of luck in your new schools.
Goodbye from Mrs. Varano. It has truly been a privilege and honour to be the last Principal of St. James school for the past two years. I have been blessed to work at such an amazing school with wonderful staff, students and parents. I wish you continued success as you join together to form the new St. Nicholas school community.
Please note that during the last week of school, there are NO special lunch programs (pasta or pizza) and the milk program has ended. Thank you for your support
Grade 8 Graduation – June 27th
Congratulations to our Grade 8 students who are graduating this week. We wish them many blessings and are very proud of all their accomplishments during their time at St. James School. We will miss them but know they will do great things on this next path in their educational journey.
Lost and Found Items
Please take the time to look for any items that may belong to your child(ren) in our lost and found bin. Any items left at the end of the last day of school will be donated. Thank you for your co-operation!
- All final report cards in the HCDSB will be sent home with the children on Tuesday, June 26th. Please be sure to read these over with your child/ren and use them as a basis for goal setting for next year. Please complete the parent/student comment on page 3 and return this form to the school by Thursday, June 28th. This page must be filed into the students’ Ontario Student Record.
- Monday June 25th: Final Farewell Assembly at 1:00pm. Parents are welcome to join us!
- Thursday June 28th is a non-uniform day – Civvies day – students may wear any appropriate clothing.
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2018 – EARLY DISMISSAL AT 1:50 p.m. (THE BUS WILL ALSO LEAVE AT THIS TIME).
- GRADES 1-8: First Day back to school is Tuesday, September 4, 2018 @ 8:50 A.M. The St. Nicholas office will open the week of August 27th
- SENIOR KINDERGARTEN: SK students will begin on Thursday, September 6th.
- JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN: JK teachers will schedule parent/student/teacher interviews beginning September 4-5, 2018 and staggered entry on September 6-7. Full entry by Monday, September 10. Parents will receive a letter in the mail the first week of July explaining these details.
Elementary Class Placements for September
Please be advised that effective Friday, August 31, after 9:00 a.m., you will be able to access information about your child’s class placement. This information will be available on the Board’s website at: www.hcdsb.org. Please click on “Elementary Class Placements” from the homepage, which will direct you to the school listing page. Once you have arrived on this page, please click on the name of your child’s school, and follow the link in the top right hand corner to “Class Placements”.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to access this information, you will require your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN), which can be found on his/her report card.
Have a wonderful week and a truly blessed summer!!!
Our upcoming school events: