- Please return your student verification forms
- If you have not already submitted your $5 agenda money, please send to school with your child
- Hot Lunch – Pizza program forms have been sent home with each child. If interested, please complete forms and pay by cheque or using the school cash online system
PARENTS NEEDED ON THE TRANSITION COMMITTEE As a follow up to the email you received from Superintendent Tim Overholt on September 7, 2017, a Transition Committee is currently being formed to help ease the transition as we prepare to welcome St. Joseph students to the St. James school community for the 2018-2019 school year, and eventually close our school and move to the newly built school on the St. Joseph school site in September, 2019.
The Transition Committee will be made up of parents, students, staff, parish and community members in the St. James and St. Joseph school communities.
We need two (2) parents/guardians and one (1) alternate parent/guardian representative from our school community. If you are interested in serving as one of the parent representatives on the Transition Committee, please let me know by Friday, September 29th.
Also note that once our Catholic School Council has been formed, they will select one (1) elected parent representative to serve on the Transition Committee as well.
More information about the Transition Committee will follow over the next few weeks.
Recent research shows that a concussion can have very serious implications on a child`s cognitive and physical abilities. Parents and guardians are reminded that a comprehensive protocol, based on current research and best practices, has been developed to help parents, students, and staff prevent, recognize, and respond to a concussion. More information, including a Parent Fact Sheet, can be found on the Board`s website at: http://bit.ly/HCDSBConcussion
VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL
All visitors to the school MUST buzz in at the front doors and report to the main office. Visitors cannot go directly to the classrooms. This is for the safety of all our students. Please remember that you are a stranger to some students and this is the most effective way for us to minimize disruptions to the classrooms and to monitor a safe and welcoming environment for your children.
Thursday September 21
- Used Uniform Sale in the Forum (3:00-8:00pm)
- Items will be sold for $5 each
- Due to the fact that this is a gently used uniform sale, the availability of sizes is not guaranteed
- Curriculum Night (6:30-8:00pm)
- 6:30-6:50pm – Presentation in the gymnasium given by Mrs.Varano
- 7:00-7:20pm – Presentation #1 in classroom
- 7:30 – 7:50pm – Presentation #2 in classroom (this is a repeat presentation and is intended for parents with multiple children)
Friday September 22
- School council nomination form due to the office
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @StJamesHCDSB