Dear Parents and Guardians,
As was shared last week and again through email last night. Please join the live webinar tonight for information regarding our Safe and Healthy Return to School in a couple of weeks.
For more information, read the letter from Dr. Meghani.
COVID-19 vaccination for youth
- Beginning Wednesday, August 18, 2021, all children born in 2009 (turning 12 in 2021) can receive their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine, followed by their second dose after a minimum of 21 days.
- Community clinics, pharmacies, primary care offices and pop-up vaccine clinics will administer COVID-19 vaccines at select locations in Halton. Visit Halton Region’s website: COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics for more information on where to get vaccinated.
Preparing for a Safe & Healthy Return to School – A Live Webinar with Dr. Meghani
On Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., Director of Education, Pat Daly will be joining Dr. Meghani as she shares important information with our HCDSB community on how to ensure a safe and healthy return to school for students and staff.
Dr. Meghani will address frequently asked questions and concerns that were collected from HCDSB families and staff in the online form distributed last week. Topics will include:
- The current status of COVID-19 cases in Halton;
- The protective strategies that will be in place in our schools this coming school year to support the health and well-being of students and staff;
- The management of COVID-19 in schools during the 2021-2022 school year.
The webinar will be live streamed on our HCDSB YouTube Channel and will be accessible to our Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) community through closed captioning, as well as an ASL Interpreter. A recording of the webinar will be posted on our school and board websites at a later date for those unable to watch the session live.
For more information, visit our website or download the poster in PDF.
We hope you are able to join us this evening for the informative webinar with Dr. Meghani!