Some Friendly Reminders:
A reminder of our drop-off and pick-up protocols that are in place to help minimize contacts and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our school community.
- Only one parent or guardian will be permitted on school property to drop off and pick up children.
- Parents and guardians will remain outside and will not be permitted to enter the school (unless there is an extenuating need, and prior approval has been obtained as per the Visitor Protocol).
- We have established designated entry and exit doors for your child’s class (cohort).
- Supervision begins at 9:00 a.m. Students enter the playground and walk along the yellow dashed lines directly to their ZONE and will wait for teacher direction before entering our school, and will follow a staggered entry into school to limit the number of students in our hallways at one time.
- Kindergarten students will enter the school immediately upon arrival in the morning.
- Parents and caregivers are asked to leave the school property as soon as they drop off their child(ren). No gathering or congregating will be allowed on school property.
- Before School ** ‘Kiss and Ride’ will be available for morning drop off ONLY. Parents should stay in their vehicle. Staff members are stationed to help guide your children on the sidewalk to the playground. If your child requires assistance to exit the vehicle, we ask parents to help their child(ren)
- For dismissal – “Kiss and Ride” will not be available after school. Parents must park their car and pick up their child(ren) at their designated area (see map)
- If you park, one parent should approach the fence to pick up child(ren) and then exit promptly. Teachers will not be able to talk to parents before or after school.
- Please do not stand in front of Exit Door #5 (on the East Side) at the end of the day. Our teachers and students require a free zone in order to exit the building safely, while physically distancing
- You will notice green lines painted on both EAST and WEST sidewalks to ensure physical and social distancing
- When on school property, you are kindly asked to wear a mask especially in times when you are not able to physical or social distance
- All Intermediate students who walk to school will be dismissed from Door #2 (not from their zone)
For the health and safety of our students and school community, it is strongly recommended that all elementary students remain at school for the full duration of their lunch periods. Currently, there will be no organized school lunch days such as pizza day or LunchBox Orders.
As we are limiting visitors to our school, lunch drop offs will not be permitted during the school day. This includes vendors such as Uber Eats and Skip the Dishes, etc.
Parents and guardians are asked to provide their child(ren) with lunch in the morning before students enter the school building.
Considerations for Lunch Prep:
- Lunches should be prepared as individual meals and snacks.
- Sharing food items will not be permitted.
- Reusable water bottles are encouraged.
Each student is required to bring their own drinking bottle to school that is labeled, kept with them during the day, and not shared with other students. All water fountains will be wrapped and/or made inoperable. Although bottle filling stations will be in use, students and staff are not advised to touch any filling station apparatus.
Changes to the COVID-19 School Screening Tool
On October 1, 2020, the Ontario government released changes to the COVID-19 School Screening Tool used to monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 in children.
The guidelines continue to evolve as we learn more about COVID-19, how it spreads, and how it affects children and adults in different ways.
The updated screening tool offers a more comprehensive checklist of the type and number of symptoms needed for a child to stay home for a period of time and seek medical advice. Please note that the COVID-19 School Screening Tool is not to be used as a clinical assessment or intended to take the place of medical advice; a diagnosis or treatment.
The online COVID-19 Screening Tool was updated to include these new revisions.
October 1st Update – COVID-19 Screening Tool for Children
As always, the health and safety of our students, staff and families is our highest priority, and we will continue to take direction from the Ministry of Education and Halton Region Public Health to ensure all protocols are in place and followed in each of our schools. We thank you for your ongoing support as we work together to keep our school communities healthy and safe for all.
School Council Meeting
We will hold our first Catholic School Council Meeting on Monday, October 5th at 7 p.m. The meeting will be held virtually through Microsoft TEAMs. Parents who have submitted and/or received a nomination have been notified of their position on School Council. A link to the online meeting will be emailed to members prior to the meeting. Should parents who are not on this year’s School Council wish to attend the meeting, please email Mrs. Melchionna at email@example.com as all are welcome!
Follow us on Twitter @StGregoryHCDSB and Instagram @stgregoryhcdsb
Upcoming Events and Activities at St. Gregory the Great