“Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.” Martin Luther King
Blessings and Good Byes
Each year around this time we have to say goodbye to those who are leaving St. Gregory the Great. We thank the amazing teachers who have crossed our path, who have shared their gifts and talents in our community, and who have been chosen to serve our children. Your joy and love for teaching will be missed. We wish you every blessing as you continue God’s calling and serve where He leads you. We have been enriched by your presence here at our school and you will be greatly missed! May God bless you abundantly as you continue your journey in Catholic Education. We say good-bye to Miss K Andrade, Miss Filipowich, Ms. Foderaro, Mr. Sawchuk, Madame Beltranda, Mrs. Crawford, and Miss Stoute. We wish Mrs. Swiderski all the best as she prepares for the birth of her baby.
We would also like to take this opportunity to welcome new staff members to St. Gregory the Great. We welcome Mrs. N Assettino as our Special Education Resource Teacher, Ms. M Goncz – Classroom Teacher, Mrs. L Nasato – Classroom Teacher, Mrs. T Amoruso – Classroom Teacher, Ms. D Henein – French Teacher, Ms. E Coluccio – DECE, and Ms. D Teixeira – Education Assistant. Welcome to St Gregory the Great. We feel blessed to welcome all of these accomplished educators to our school community and we are grateful for the gifts and talents they will share with our community.
Grade 8 Graduation
We look forward to celebrating our Graduating Class of 2020. Even though we cannot celebrate together in person, please join us in offering our graduates your prayers. Bless them with hope that they move into the future with open hearts. That they use their insights for the good of all they meet. Inspire them to believe in the goodness of life, even when faced with challenges and difficulties. God Bless the Class of 2020. We are so proud of you!
School Access Protocol
A friendly reminder that we have set up a scheduling system where you can sign up for an appointment time that will allow parents and guardians to safely pick up personal belongings or drop off borrowed items. Appointments are to be scheduled for your OLDEST or ONLY child’s classroom teacher. One appointment per family will allow for us to accommodate close to 400 families.
The details around the date and time of your scheduled time slot are as follows:
1. Go to the scheduling webpage at https://sgg.parentinterview.com/
2. Enter the Access Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
4. Click on “Appointments for Personal Belongings Collection”
5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to attend the school
6. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
7. Print out, email or copy down your appointment time
The Access Code for this term was sent out via email.
- A curbside approach for pick up and drop off will be offered, with a designated area for items to be dropped off.
- Please note that only parents or guardians will be permitted to arrive at the school site. Students will not be able to access the school or playground.
- Prior to your scheduled drop off or pick up time frame, you are required to read the full list of instructions outlined in the: HCDSB Elementary School Curbside Access for Student Belongings Protocol for Parents/Guardians. This protocol explains in full detail what to expect as we provide temporary access to our school.
- The following safety precautions must also be practiced by all individuals visiting our school site to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Please see the attached map and guidelines
Courtesy Seats on School Buses for the 2020-2021 School Year
Families with children who take the bus to school are advised that the application process for receiving courtesy seats on school buses will be delayed for the 2020-21 school year. Due to physical distancing measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it may not be possible to grant courtesy seats or the process may be delayed for next school year.
However, parents and guardians can continue to submit a Courtesy Seat Application, and will be notified via email once a decision on this process has been made.
Please note that there is no guarantee that a courtesy seat will be offered if you submit an application, or if your child had a courtesy seat in the past. Visit the Halton Student Transportation Services website for more information: www.haltonbus.ca
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Follow us on Twitter @StGregoryHCDSB and Instagram @stgregoryhcdsb