St. Gregory the Great School will soon begin the process of preparing tentative class lists for the 2020-2021 school year. When creating classes, the following criteria are given due consideration:
- the student’s personality;
- creating a group of students that allows for flexible instructional groupings;
- attempt to create a balance of males and females when possible;
- creating a heterogeneous group reflecting the diversity of students of differing abilities, needs and interests;
- creating classes that give students the opportunities to form new friendships, and meet different academic and social challenges;
Keeping these criteria of class formation in mind, our school staff will meet to gather an individual profile of every student’s academic, social, and emotional strengths and needs. Please note that each student will be placed with a friend next year, this may or may not be their best friend though. Tentative groupings are compiled, and a team of teachers discuss and make suggestions regarding the groupings. The class lists then remain tentative pending possible school enrollment changes. The objective of this organization process is to achieve the most practical heterogeneous combination of student groups. With your trust in our professional judgment, we will continue to provide all students with the best possible learning environment.
If you have questions or comments regarding your child’s placement for next year, please inform Ms. Attardo via email firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 2020. Kindly do not make requests for specific teachers as these requests will not be considered. Please indicate the personality and interests of your child, along with the qualities of the teacher that you believe may best meet the needs of your child. If there are any other extenuating circumstances that you believe the school should be aware of (i.e. social, emotional, medical, etc.) please ensure to include this information also. We will do our best to meet your request, however, we cannot make any guarantees.