ST. GREGORY THE GREAT – FUNDRAISING EVENT
Dear St. Gregory the Great Families:
On Thursday, October 31st, 2019, our Kindergarten – Gr. 8 students will be participating in a Halloween Dance-A-Thon to be held in the gymnasium. This day will provide everyone with the opportunity to dance, exercise, have fun and raise money to support our student activities.
Today we are launching our Hallowe’en fundraising event. The money raised from this event will be used to:
- provide faith and cultural opportunities for the students;
- enhance school spirit;
- enhance classroom programs and support materials;
- defray the costs of school activities and events;
- support additional technology
We are asking you to support our efforts by sponsoring your children in our Dance-A-Thon. Our Board policy states that no child should go door-to-door soliciting pledges. Students should ask family and friends to support their efforts with a pledge of funds. Student safety should always be a prime consideration. Preference is for donations using the HCDSB Donation Button below School Cash Online; however, cheques are acceptable. (Cheques payable to St. Gregory the Great School). NO CASH PLEASE.
Donors must have a registered School Cash Online account in order to donate and receive an automated tax receipt by email. Donors are not required to have students in the schools. (E.g., family members or friends could also make online donations to schools). Online donations are to be recorded on the pledge form with the reference # noted.
Donations can be made directly on the St. Gregory Web Page. (Donation button below School Cash Online). Scroll down to the bottom of the Home page.
https://elem.hcdsb.org/stgregory/ Note that a school must be selected from the “Fund Destination” drop-down menu in order for the funds to be received by St. Gregory the Great. In addition, please input “Dance-A-Thon” in the message section. Tax receipts ($25 and over) will be automatically emailed upon successful checkouts.
Students will dance to music provided by our intermediate students. A schedule will be sent out to parents prior to the event.
1) For students in grade 1-8 costumes may be worn. Please be aware that it is a long day for children in a costume. Costumes are not to include weapons, props, masks or complete body suits with faces covered. Students will be required to be responsible for their costumes. Please keep costumes simple. If a student chooses not to dress in their costume, they are welcome to wear black & orange for the day. Kindergarten teachers will communicate directly with families the expectations for kindergarten students.
2) Pledges are collected by students between October 4th and October 25th, 2019.
3) Pledge forms and cheque(s) must be returned to the school on Friday, October 25th 2019.
4) Please indicate receipt number if paying online, or attach cheque(s) to the pledge form.
5) Please ensure that the pledge form has your child’s full name, grade and teacher’s name on it.
We thank you in advance for your support of this major fundraiser. This event promises to be a fun-filled event for everyone.
Ms. D Attardo
Mrs. AM Melchionna