Throughout this school year, I have continued to witness the incredible strength of our school community. The 2020-2021 school year presented our students, staff members and families many challenges. We all know that this hasn’t been a typical school year, but regardless of the circumstances I am confident that positive learning has occurred for our students. It has been heartwarming to see the true spirit of the home-school partnership shine at St. Francis of Assisi School.
As a school staff, the conclusion of a school year provides us the opportunity to celebrate our successes, and to reflect on what we can continue to work on to ensure that we provide our students with a quality Catholic education that is flexible and engaging. School improvement is a process that we commit to engage in with fidelity to ensure that our students have the opportunity to Achieve, Believe, and Belong. We know that this is best accomplished through the partnership of our families and community members. On behalf of our school staff, I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the support of our entire school community. Thank you for your patience this year, thank you for placing your trust in our school to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for your child, and thank you for the continued privilege of being able to be a part of your child’s educational journey.
A few additional expressions of thanks and well wishes:
- Thank you to our pastor Father David Walter and our Associate Pastor Father Hayden Starczala for their spiritual wisdom and guidance throughout the year. We wish Father Hayden well as he begins his ministry at Holy Rosary Parish in Milton. We also thank Mrs. Anderson and the Holy Cross Parish administrative team for their support of our school.
- Thank you to Ms. Nieuwendyk for the love and kindness that she always shares with our students, families, and staff members.
- Thank you to our teaching staff, early childhood educators, educational assistants, child and youth counsellor, library technician, custodial staff, lunch time supervisors and the YMCA Before and After School Program for the good work that they do each day for our students. For those staff members that are moving to new assignments next year, we thank them for their service and pray for God’s continued blessings upon them.
- Thank you to our Catholic School Council, under the leadership of Co-Chairs Mrs. Santaguida and Mrs. Machado, for their many hours of service dedicated to faith, community and fellowship at St. Francis of Assisi School.
- We wish our grade eight students well as they transition to Christ the King Secondary School in the fall. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit guide them and may they look back on their days at St. Francis of Assisi School with fond memories.
- To those families who will be joining new school communities in the fall, we thank you for your contributions to St. Francis of Assisi School and pray for the continued success of your children.
As we bring one school year to a close, we begin to plan for the new one to come. The summer months will hopefully bring all of our school community members an opportunity to rest and enjoy some well-deserved leisure time. As we learn what the new school year will bring, please know that our school will continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our students. As you prepare for the new school year, please know that it is my great privilege to continue to serve as the Principal of St. Francis of Assisi School and that you are always welcome to contact me via email at email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns. The school office will reopen on Monday, August 30, 2021, with the school year beginning on Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Please continue to follow the advice of our public health professionals as you care for yourselves and your families.
Have a wonderful summer,