The 2019-2020 school year was unlike anything many of us have experienced. However, we greet its closure with grateful hearts for the blessings our Lord continues to bestow upon us.
Throughout this school year, I have been fortunate to witness first-hand the incredible strength of our school community; most recently during distance learning, which could not have been realized without the assistance of our families. I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the support of our entire school community – students, staff members, parents and guardians. Thank you for placing your trust in our school, and for the privilege of being able to be a part of your child’s educational journey.
As we bring one school year to a close, we begin to plan for the new one to come. As we enjoy the summer months, we will learn what the new school year will bring. Whatever challenges we may face, please know that our board and school will place the safety and well-being of our students at the centre of our planning process.
The school office plans to re-open on Monday, August 31, 2020, with the school year planned to begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
A few additional expressions of thanks:
- Thank you to our pastor, Father David Walter, for his spiritual wisdom and guidance throughout the year. We also thank Mrs. Anderson and the Holy Cross Parish administrative team for their support of our school.
- Thank you to our office staff, Ms. Nieuwendyk and Mrs. Phillips, for the love and kindness that they share with our students, families, and staff members.
- Thank you to our teaching staff, early childhood educators, educational assistants, child and youth counselor, library technician, and custodial staff for the good work that they do each day for our students. For those staff members that are moving to new assignments next year, we thank them for their service and pray for God’s continued blessings upon them.
- Thank you to our Catholic School Council, under the leadership of Co-Chairs Mrs. Santaguida and Mrs. Machado, for their many hours of service dedicated to faith, community and fellowship at St. Francis of Assisi School.
- Thank you to our volunteers who serve lunches, read to children, drive our students to sporting events and volunteer to supervise school trips. We simply could not offer these opportunities to our students without your help.
We wish our grade eight students well as they transition to Christ the King Secondary School in the fall. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit guide them and may they look back on their days at St. Francis of Assisi School with fond memories.
For those families who will be joining new school communities in the fall, we thank you for your contributions to St. Francis of Assisi School and pray for the continued success of your children.
As you prepare for the new school year, you are certainly welcome to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns. Please continue to follow the advice of our public health professionals as you care for yourselves and your families.
Have a wonderful summer.