In January 2020, a novel (new) coronavirus was identified as the cause of an outbreak of pneumonia, originating in Wuhan, China. This virus is now known as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus or 2019-nCoV.
The health and well-being of students and staff remains the highest priority of the Halton Catholic District School Board. Officials from our school board are in close contact with the Halton Region Health Department, who are working closely with the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and local health care providers to monitor this situation and take actions, as appropriate.
Tips to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Please note that hand sanitizer is not a substitute for hand washing;
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing;
- If you do not have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm;
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly; and
- If you or your family members are ill, stay home.
Please visit https://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/safeandhealthy/Pages/Novel-Coronavirus.aspx to learn more about symptoms and how to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.