During the month of June, our students and staff members will reflect upon and learn how to exemplify the Ontario Catholic Graduate Expectation of being a self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner who develops and demonstrates their God-given potential.
Our students exemplify this expectation when they:
- Demonstrate a confident and positive sense of self and respect for the dignity and welfare of others;
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability;
- Take initiative and demonstrate Christian leadership;
- Respond to, managesand constructively influences change in a discerning manner;
- Set appropriate goals and priorities in school, work and personal life;
- Apply effective communication, decision-making, problem-solving, time and resource management skills;
- Examine and reflect on their personal values, abilities and aspirations influencing life’s choices and opportunities;
- Participate in leisure and fitness activities for a balanced and healthy lifestyle;
The Halton Catholic District School Board is rooted in, and envisions education based on the true model of moral character, Jesus Christ. By incorporating gospel values into all of our pursuits, we work for the highest ideal of human character. Christ-centered character formation in our schools is guided and supported by the unifying Catholic themes identified for each grade, and are drawn from the Social Teachings of the Catholic Church.