A friend isn’t just an acquaintance, someone you enjoy passing the time of day with. Friendship is something much deeper. – Pope Francis –
As we draw closer to the end of the school year, it is a time where as a school community we need to say goodbye to students, families and staff members who will be relocating to a new school this fall. To that end, we express our sincere thanks, best wishes, and God’s Blessings to the following staff members as they have been assigned to new locations for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Mlle Cattafi
- Ms. Cupido
- Ms. Da Silva
- Ms. Digiulio
- Mme Hresko
- Ms. Lanzarotta (leave of absence)
- Ms. Lipa
- Ms. Melchionna
- Ms. Morassutti
- Ms. Ricci
- Ms. Stasiw
- Mr. Tennier
- Ms. Walsh
Halton Student Transportation Services has posted busing eligibility for the 2019-2020 school year. The courtesy seat request process for 2019-2020 has also began. Courtesy seats may be available for students who are not eligible to ride the bus due to the location of their residence but may still want a seat on the bus. For more details, and to complete an application, please see the HSTS website at https://www.haltonbus.ca/
We wish our grade 8’s well as they will begin their graduation activities next week through the Celebration of the Eucharist at Holy Cross Church on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 11:00am. All family members are welcome to attend.
For those students and families who have medication or medical appartus stored at our school, please assist us by addressing the following items:
- If we currently hold medication for your child, please note that it must be picked up by dismissal on Friday, June 28, 2019. We do not store medications over the summer.
Medication or any other medical apparatus (i.e. AeroChamber ®, EpiPen ®), which is not picked up will be sent home with your child at dismissal.
For safety reasons, please immediately inspect your child’s backpack for medications upon arrival at home.
- We will be sending home health care forms for the 2019-2020 school year. Please complete the forms. The completed forms MUST be completed and returned to the school during the week of August 26, 2019. Please DO NOT return the new forms package prior to the week of August 26, 2019. With these completed forms, please provide:
- Updated medication for the 2019-2020 school year in a Ziploc® bag that is clearly labeled with your child’s name.
- For PRESCRIBED medications, complete MEDS.1-P form (Request and Consent for the Administration of Prescribed Medication) PRIOR to your child’s first day in September 2019.
Please understand that at the beginning of the school year, parents assume complete responsibility for the administration of the medications their children require until such time as all of the requirements are satisfied in full.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation regarding the safe provision of medication and the information pertaining to your child. Their safety, and the safety of all other students, is our priority.
Our Lost and Found Bin is full! Please encourage your child to come and look for clothing items that they may be missing. Any items that remain unclaimed by Wednesday, June 26, 2019 will be donated to charity.
We wish our school community a very Happy Father’s Day!
Our detailed event calendar for the week of June 17, 2019 is below:
– The grade 8 graduation will take place at Christ the King Secondary School –
TICKETS WILL BE ASSIGNED – GUESTS WILL REQUIRE A TICKET TO ENTER THE AUDITORIUM FOR THE CEREMONY
EACH GRADUATE WILL BE ASSIGNED 5 TICKETS
6:15pm – Graduates arrive at CtK
7:00pm – Graduation ceremony begins
8:15pm – Dance begins
10:00pm – Dance ends, student pick up
Students will be dismissed at 2:10pm. Bus route arrival times will be adjusted on this day. Please ensure that your family has after school care arrangements made for your child(ren).
Have a safe and happy summer!