May the relationship between man and nature not be driven by greed, to manipulate and exploit, but may the divine harmony between beings and creation be conserved in the logic of respect and care. ~ Pope Francis ~
We wish our grade 8 students and their educators well as they will travel to Camp Tanamakoon in Algonquin Park from June 3 – 6, 2019;
Best wishes to our Track and Field team as they will participate in the North Halton Municipal meet next week;
We wish our running group well as they will participate in the Run for Lighthouse on Saturday, June 1, 2019. The Lighthouse for Grieving Children provides support groups for children, teens, and their families following a death in the immediate family. They want to provide a safe place where grieving children, teens and families can share their experience and support each other as they move through their grief process;
With the arrival of the month of June, a reminder of the dress code expectations of St. Francis of Assisi School. The standard of dress for our students is set by the good judgment and discretion of our parents. Please note the following dress code expectations for all St. Francis of Assisi School students:
- Full length T-shirts with a sleeve (no muscle shirts or cut-off T-shirts are allowed for regular class or gym wear);
- Strapless shirts or any top that leaves the shoulders or midriff bare are not to be worn at school;
- Students arre able to wear shorts provided they are modest. The school expects that students wear a decent walking short. No short-shorts, cut-off jeans;
- Pants are to be worn at the waist. Undergarments should not be visible. Torn or ragged jeans, cut-off shorts, are not acceptable;
- Shorts/skirts must be of modest cut and proportions;
- Clothing or decorations associated with inappropriate messaging is not permitted on school grounds or at school sponsored functions;
- Hats/Caps and sunscreen should be used during warm weather seasons;
- Closed toe shoes (i.e. running shoes) provide the greatest flexibility and safety while at school. Students are strongly encouraged to avoid wearing sandals, flip flops, etc. while at school;
Ice Dawg sales from Terra Cotta Cookie Company are now available via School Cash Online for $2.00 each. Delivery will be on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 6
- Thursday, June 13
- Thursday, June 20
- Thursday, June 27
St. Francis of Assisi School proudly presents this year’s intermediate school play, “Comic Book Artist”, on June 11 / 12, 2019.
Stanley Leonardo Sappovitz wants nothing more than to become a comic book artist. When he gets a job as a janitor at Wonder Comics, he anxiously awaits the day that his boss, D.C. Wunderman, will notice his drawings and discover his artistic genius. It seems like that day will never come until Wunderman invests in a shipment of magical pens, guaranteed to bring to life any character his artists create. When the staff artists unwittingly unleash the dreaded Doctor Shock Clock, it is up to Stanley to create his own team of superheroes. Will they have the superpowers to conquer this dastardly super-villain, who can stop time with the snap of his fingers? Only time will tell!
Show Times are at 1:30pm and 6:30pm.
There is no charge to attend our performances, but we kindly ask all audience members to consider bringing a non-perishable food item to the performance as a donation to the Georgetown Bread Basket.
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – Cast #1
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 – Cast #2
A reminder that Friday, June 7, 2019 is a Professional Activity Day. Classes will not be held this day.
Our detailed event calendar for the week of June 3 – 7, 2019.