St. Francis of Assisi School will soon begin the process of preparing tentative class lists for the 2019-2020 school year. When creating classes, the following criteria are given due consideration:
- the student’s personality;
- the student’s academic strengths and needs;
- creating a group of students that allows for flexible instructional groupings;
- attempting to create a balance of males and females when possible;
- creating a heterogeneous group reflecting the diversity of students of differing abilities, needs and interests;
- creating classes that give students the opportunities to form new friendships, and meet different academic and social challenges;
Keeping these criteria of class formation in mind, our school staff will meet and develop an individual profile of every student’s academic, social, and emotional strengths and needs. Tentative groupings are compiled, and a team of staff discuss and make suggestions regarding the groupings. The class lists then remain tentative pending possible school enrollment changes. The objective of this organization process is to achieve the most practical heterogeneous combination of student groups. With your trust in our professional judgment, we will continue to provide all students with the best possible learning environment.
If you have questions or comments regarding your child’s placement for next year, please inform Mr. Witter via a letter or email before May 24, 2019. Kindly do not make requests for specific teachers as these requests will not be considered. Please indicate in your note, the personality and interests of your child, along with the qualities of the teacher that you believe may best meet the needs of your child. If there are any other extenuating circumstances that you believe the school should be aware of (i.e. social, emotional, medical, etc.) please ensure to include this information in your letter also. We will do our best to meet your request, however, we cannot make any guarantees. Class assignments for students will be available online on Friday, August 30, 2019.