An Inquiry into Renewing the Promise: Reflection, Discernment and Passionate Commitment on the Journey to Deepening Equity and Inclusion in Catholic Education as a True Encounter with Jesus
1. Opening Prayer/ Honouring the Land and Territory
2. Introduction and Greetings from the Director of Education and Senior Manager of Human Rights and Equity
- Our Learning Goal: We are learning to deepen our critical consciousness regarding Equity and Inclusion in order to apply it to our professional practice at the Halton Catholic District School Board.
3. Group Activities: Looking deeper into our school population and practices to see the voices that may be currently hidden from our view (e.g. hidden poverty, small numbers of racialized students, Indigenous students who have not self-identified etc.)
5. Group Activities: Unpacking Renewing the Promise: Reflecting on the mission and vision of Catholic education, celebrating that a true encounter with Jesus can and does take place, each day within our Catholic school. As educators who share responsibility for Catholic education, we will learn and reflect on how to nurture and strengthen our Catholic school as a community that exemplifies, in word and in deed, the Good News of Jesus Christ.
6. Consolidation of Learning