“You, dear young people, are not the future but the now of God, he invites you and calls you in your communities and cities to go out and find your grandparents, your elders; to stand up and with them to speak out and realize the dream that the Lord has dreamed for you,”
Pope Francis, January 27, 2019 at World Youth Day Panama 2019
A reminder that tomorrow – February 1, 2019 – is a Professional Development Day. School staff will be attending workshops and working on completing the term one report card and kindergarten communication of learning, which will be issued on February 20, 2019.
On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 our major school fundraiser for the year will begin. This year our Catholic School Council members have opted to organize a chocolate sales fundraiser. Our school can profit approximately $10 000 if each of our families sells one box of chocolates. Fundraising supports many school initiatives including items such as technology purchases, guest speakers, graduation, sports equipment, playground enhancements, and special events. Your support for this fundraising campaign is greatly appreciated. The timeline for our fundraising campaign is as follows:
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Fundraising assembly for all students
- Detailed information will be sent home via hard copy with each student
- Each student will also receive a custom St. Francis of Assisi draw string bag, a stainless steel water bottle, and a variety of other small tokens of appreciation as a gesture of thanks from our Catholic School Council for supporting our fundraising campaign
- Friday, February 8, 2019
- A box of 30 chocolates will be send home with the oldest and/or only child of each family
- Each family is asked to confirm that they have sold their box of chocolates by submitting payment of $90 for the box via School Cash Online. For each confirmation of payment received, each family will be entered into a draw for some fantastic prizes!
- Monday, February 25, 2019
- The fundraising campaign ends, all payments are due. Please note that opened and unsold boxes of chocolate cannot be accepted by the school.
Some additional reminders for next week:
Our grade 8 students will have their graduation photos taken on Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
February 7, 2019 is National Sweater Day. We will be lowering the temperature of our school a few degrees that day to conserve energy. All students and staff members are encourage to wear their favourite sweater or sweat shirt to school this day;
On February 8, 2019 at 9:45am, our grade 5 students will lead our monthly liturgy on the Focus on Faith Theme of Community and the Common Good. You can learn more about this theme here;
Our detailed event calendar for the upcoming week: