Progress Reports for grades 1 to 8 and Communication of Learning for Kindergarten students will be sent home on Tuesday, November 20, 2018. We are looking forward to our upcoming Parent-Teacher Interviews for all students at the school during the evening of Thursday, November 22, 2018, and during the day on Friday, November 23, 2018. The opportunity to book an interview has been extended to Monday, November 19, 2018 at 12 Midnight. All families are strongly encouraged to schedule an interview with your child’s teacher, as the collaboration between home and school is critical to student success. Information regarding how to book an interview has been posted to our website here: Interviews.
- Next week, our school will observe Bullying Awareness Week. All students are encouraged to wear a pink article of clothing on Thursday, November 22, 2018 to promote that St. Francis of Assisi is a bully free school;
- Our Christmas tree was placed in the front foyer today. Paper Angel Ornaments have been hung from the tree, with specific gift card suggestions printed on them. If you are interested in participating, a family member may select one or more Angel Ornaments. We ask that you purchase the suggested gift card and return it to the school with the original paper angel ornament that you or your child has selected from the tree. All collected gift cards will be donated to Halton Women’s Place to support women and children in need. Information regarding this Christmas initiative will be sent home on Monday, November 19, 2018. Thank you for your consideration;
- Families are reminded to please not walk your child to the playground by crossing through the parking lot. We have numerous buses that arrive each morning, and crossing through the parking lot creates a dangerous situation for your child. Please walk them to the yard via the sidewalk at all times. Your support is appreciated;
- School and parish events have been planned for the upcoming Advent and Christmas season:
- On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 all families are invited to celebrate Advent Family Mass at Holy Cross Parish beginning at 7:00pm;
- On Wednesday, December 5, 2018 beginning at 6:30pm our school will host our annual Christmas Family Night;
- A reminder that Friday, November 23, 2018 is a PD Day for all students;
Our calendar for the upcoming week:
Elementary Progress Reports will be sent home for grades 1 – 8 students.
Kindergarten Communication of Learning: Initial Observations will be sent home for all Kindergarten students.
Families for all students are afforded the opportunity to schedule an interview:
- During the evening of Thursday, November 22, 2018;
- During the day on Friday, November 23, 2018;
- At another mutually agreed upon time with the classroom teacher, or kindergarten educator team;
All students are encouraged to wear a pink article of clothing to promote that St. Francis of Assisi is a bully free school.