We recognize that it has been difficult going from the summer where restrictions are limited then back to school where relative to the summer, we appear to take a step back. Everything we are doing is being done so that we do not return to remote learning. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines outlined by HCDSB and Halton Public Health. Your patience and support are so much appreciated! It makes it easier when we are moving forward and implementing various changes such as clubs and teams and equipment outside.
We had our first of two early-bird draws valued at $25.00. We will be having our next draw this coming Friday, October 22. Get your pledge forms and money in so your name can go into the draw on Friday. Students receive 1 ticket for every $5.00 pledged. This will be our single major fundraiser this school year. We depend on the funds raised by our families to support us so that we can purchase special programs, technologies, and recess equipment for our students. No donation is too small, every little bit counts!
We are asking that parents and guardians please refer to the list below to send in your donations for the theme baskets for each class. Once the theme baskets have been completed, we will take a video of the baskets and send it out so you can see what prizes your children are drawing for. We are asking that all donations be brought in by Wednesday, October 20th so we can get them wrapped. A small group of Catholic School Council representatives will be coming in to put the baskets together. Thank you in advance for your support of this initiative. This will be our major fundraiser this year and we hope to look at purchasing items for programming, technology, and equipment for outside.
Pezzente/Mallon-Lego Ramirez/Cooke-Tv Shows Kennedy-Playdough
Daniels-Stuffed Animal Basket Habkirk-Movie Night Moyer Family Fun
Deane-Time away from screens Ferguson-Sleep Over Party Boermans-Comfy Cozy
Hanson-Arts/Crafts/School Supplies Tokarsky-Junior Chef Gramigna-Chocolate
Rhind-Relaxation/Stress Relief Duggan-Marvel/Disney Schneberk-Treats Galore
Horvath- Gift Cards/Money Balloons Lipinski-Pietrantonio-Favourite Things
HOW TO DONATE
- St. Elizabeth Seton Cash Online
- Make a Donation- https://hcdsb.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/269/6/false/true
- Gift Information – select an amount
- Select Destination – St. Elizabeth Seton
- Tribute Information – “Not a Gift”
- Message to School Board – student name, specify amount donated per child
- Click – “Add to Cart”
- Pay by Cheque
- Make cheques payable to St. Elizabeth Seton Elementary School
- Send into classroom teacher
DRESSING FOR THE WEATHER
Please ensure that your children are dressing for the weather. To maintain social distancing, we are using the field and the pavement at recess. As you know, we are rotating students outside on the field and the pavement so there are times when your child may be out on the field on a day when the grass is wet/snow. As a result, you may want to provide your child with an extra pair of shoes or boots to wear on the wetter/snowy days.
STUDENTS GOING HOME AT LUNCH
We are happy that there are students who live near the school and are able to walk home for lunch. We just wanted to provide some further details regarding the protocols around this should you want your child(ren) to leave at the lunch hour.
- Given how busy the lunch hour is, students must submit in writing, a note from parents/guardians indicating they can leave to go home…OR…sign off on the Family Consent form so that a note is not required each time they leave. Please understand this would mean that if your child comes down to say they are leaving, we wouldn’t call home to confirm, and they would be allowed to leave at lunch whenever they ask.
- All students must go to their own home if they have permission. In some cases, students have indicated they are going to McDonald’s and/or to other students’ homes. In other cases, students are gathering with students outside their cohort in the park.
For more information on First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion, please click on the link below:
For more information on Confirmation, please click on the link below: