Amazing First Week
Thank you to all staff and parents/guardians for making the first week a great success! All of our students adjusted quickly to the new routines, and we have all of you to thank! We have some new staff members joining us this year and we would like to welcome them! Lindsay Desantis (Educational Assistant), Ms. Ferguson (Gr. 3/4), Mrs. Habkirk (Gr 1/2), Ms. Rhind (Gr 4/5), and Mrs. Lauricella-Agnostinelli (Special Education Resource Teacher).
GRADE 1-8 STUDENT AGENDAS
Last week, student agendas were given to all Grade 1-8 learners. Agendas will be available for payment Monday, September 13th, on our School Cash Online system. All parents are asked to submit the $10 fee for the student agenda using this cashless collection service. We are asking that all payments for the student agendas be made by September 17th.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP
Thank you to all the parents/guardians who are coming on the school grounds wearing a mask! We ask that you continue to be a role model to all our children. Please ensure that if you are coming onto school property to drop off your child, you are dropping off and leaving as soon as possible in order to decrease congregating on school property. We also ask that if you are dropping off by way of the field, that you remain as far back as the path that goes around our field.
FAMILY CONSENT FORMS/HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION FORMS
Family consent forms have been sent home electronically. Please click on the following link to submit your form. https://laserfiche.hcdsb.org/Forms/parent_consents Please complete them at your earliest convenience so we have the most up to date information. Health and Physical Education forms have also been sent home with each child to be completed and sent back to your child’s teacher.
CATHOLIC SCHOOL COUNCIL
St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School invites you to consider nominating yourself, or another parent candidate to serve on our Catholic School Council. Please contact the school for a nomination form. Once it has been completed, please email the form to the Principal at email@example.com In keeping with the Ministry Regulations 612/613, elections must be held within the first 30 days of each school year. The following timelines will be followed regarding Council:
- Sunday, September 12, 2021– Parents are notified via the September Weekly Update of upcoming Council elections. Nomination forms are available via email from our school firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, September 17th, 2021– Nomination forms are due electronically to the office by 9:00 am.
- Monday, September 20th, 2020 – Elections: if we receive more than 14 nominations, we will hold an election at the school, with details to follow. Candidates will be notified if elections are necessary.
- Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 – Elections: Nomination forms will be published on our School Website. Candidates are invited to add optional biographies due to the Principal by 3:30 p.m., , (an electronic version is acceptable). Biographies will be posted with nomination forms on our School Website.
- Wednesday, September 22nd-Thursday, September 23rd – Elections will take place via electronic ballot emailed to parents.
- Sunday, September 26th, 2021 – The names of our School Council members will be communicated to our school community via our Weekly Update.
- October 2021 – Our inaugural Catholic School Council Meeting will take place virtually at (date and time to be determined)
SCHOOL CASH ONLINE
For those families new to our school, it is important that you register for our online money collection system called School Cash Online. School Cash Online is a way to complete any transactions that involve payment to the school. For example, student agendas that were handed out last week. If you have not registered for SCO, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Please visit: https://hcdsb.schoolcashonline.com
- Step 2: Register by selecting the “Get Started Today” and following the steps.
- Step 3: After you receive the confirmation email, please select the “Click Here” option, sign in and add each of your children to your household account.
MANDATORY SELF-SCREENING -AND CONFIRMATION
Thank you for completing your child’s self-screening and confirmation last week. There are only 5 days left so please continue to complete the student log.
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
Parents are able to access the Daily Screening Checklist for HCDSB students HERE.
OPTIONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE FOR STUDENTS
While the Halton Catholic District School Board does not provide student accident insurance, families may wish to review the attached offer about purchasing student accident insurance.