For the past several weeks, HCDSB has offered voluntary COVID-19 testing at school sites for asymptomatic staff and students.
During this round of testing, all staff and families are able to attend any of the testing site locations (i.e. you will not have to attend the site designated for your family of schools).
Who Can Be Tested?
- Testing is voluntary, and consent will be required from parents or guardians.
- Targeted testing is offered only for individuals who are asymptomatic (i.e. not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms).
NOTE: If you have been deemed a close contact to an individual that tested positive for COVID-19, please do NOT attend one of our Voluntary Asymptomatic Testing hub sites, as you will be turned away.
Targeted COVID-19 testing is available to the following individuals:
- All school staff and their household members
- All students and their families
- All Child Care staff and their household members
- All Child Care families
About the Testing
The Ministry of Education has arranged for the testing to be provided through a third party, LifeLabs.
LifeLabs uses a swab similar to a Q-tip that is inserted into the front part of the nostril and rotated for fifteen seconds (per nostril). Their trained staff will perform the test in a designated space within a school.
LifeLabs will ensure that every mobile collection site adheres to the following health and safety protocols:
- PPE for Droplet Precautions will be worn by all staff working in the location
- Enhanced hand hygiene will be followed by the staff conducting the testing
- Hand hygiene for students and staff will be required before and after service is provided
- Disinfecting of the cubicles and chairs will be undertaken before and after each individual tested
- Surgical masks will be provided, if necessary
Pre-registration will not be offered for this round of voluntary COVID-19 testing.
If you are interested in getting tested, you are encouraged to walk-in for an appointment at any host school during the designated clinic hours.