Introducing Your New Catholic School Council
Catholic School Councils are legally constituted bodies of elected and appointed representatives of the local school community established for the purposes of developing, encouraging and promoting activities which will enhance the quality of school programs and improve the levels of student achievement.
The school’s mandate is to work toward ensuring the best possible education for all students within that school. The school council provides a structure in which parents, principal, teachers, non-teaching staff representative, parish representative, students and community members can talk about education in their community. The school council is also a vehicle by which everyone in the school community has a voice in educational issues.
It is the role of the school council to:
· Work with the school’s mission statement and goals rather than on day-to-day
management of the school;
· Ensure that school programs and priorities meet the school community’s expectations.
· Consult with the school community on setting priorities, strategies and performance
· Advise the principal and the school board as per Regulation 612/00, school board policy
and this operations manual;
· Consult with other school councils and education partners on wider issues;
· Share information with the school community, other school councils and the School
Taken From: Halton CPIC
Our St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School Council Members for the 2019-2020 School Year are:
- Paula Branco
- Kim Debon
- Doreen DeSouza
- Fanny Deval
- Kristy Dickinson
- Martin Dziura
- Kelly Lindsay
- Suzanne Raitt
- Marijana Shannon
- Daniel Thanos
- Iselmagil Thanos
- Jennifer Whyte
Teaching Representative- Carla Puglia Ribeiro
Non-Teaching Representative – TBD
Principal- Kelly Williams
The commissioning of our new Catholic School Council will take place during our first School Council Meeting on Thursday, October 9th, 2019 at 6:30 pm in the school library. All are welcome to attend!