Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
- We are still waiting for direction from the HCDSB and Public Health regarding school photos.
- September 29, 2021 – Rowan’s Law Day. On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, our school will be recognizing Rowan’s Law Day to raise awareness about concussion safety, and to share Rowan Stringer’s story. In May 2013, 17-year-old Rowan died as the result of head injuries sustained in a game of rugby. In March 2018, the Ontario government passed Rowan’s Law, designed to protect athletes and to educate about the dangers of head injuries. The health and safety of our students is our top priority, and on September 29th, we hope to increase awareness about the dangers of concussions. Together, we can help our students prevent, recognize and respond to concussions.
- September 30 – Orange Shirt Day. In recognition of the harm the residential school system did to children’s sense of self-esteem and well-being, and as an affirmation of our commitment to ensure that everyone around us matters.
- Anaphylaxis – Just a reminder that St. Christopher is a SEAFOOD/SHELLFISH, and PEANUT AND TREE NUT free facility (peanuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts etc.).
- Please continue to remind your children that they need to wear a mask before and afterschool when on the back pavement.
- Catholic School Council information was sent out again this week
- Please do not park and get out of your car in the kiss and ride when picking up or dropping off your children. If you need to park, please park in one of the schools lots.