“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.” Colossians 3:12-13
Daily Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
Parents and guardians must perform daily screening of their child(ren) for COVID-19 symptoms BEFORE leaving for school using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
- Check your child’s temperature to ensure they do not have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8oC)
- Monitor for signs and symptoms (including atypical symptoms) of COVID-19
- If any signs or symptoms, students and other household members must stay home, and school must be contacted.
Please note that if a student or staff member shows signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, they cannot come to school. They must self-isolate and be tested for COVID-19.
Reporting Your Child’s Absence
Thank you to all parents for using School Messenger when reporting your child’s absence. If you are not able to access School Messenger, please call the school and report the absence.
Complete the Family Information/Consent Electronic Form!
Not all families have completed the Family Information/Consent forms sent home electronically last week. If you have not submitted this important information please access the form HERE. The form should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete. We must have all forms no later than Monday, September 20, 2021.
If you already submitted a consent form, no further action is required.
Important Notes Before Completing the Form:
- If you have more than one child enrolled in an HCDSB school, please complete a separate form for each child.
- Only one parent/guardian is required to complete a form for each child.
- You will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- Please ensure you are submitting your child’s preferred name or the name you provided at registration.
- The form can be completed using a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Information Access and Protection of Privacy
The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) is committed to protecting the right to privacy for students, staff, and families. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Education Act and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). For more information, visit our HCDSB website.
If you experience a problem submitting a form, please use a different browser or different device. If you have tried a different browser and device and are still experiencing issues, please send an email to email@example.com
Thank you for completing the Family Consent/Information Electronic Form.
North Kiss and Ride Walkway Etiquette
Supervision begins at the school doors at 8:50 a.m. All students will go directly into their classroom when they arrive. Cars entering the parking lot for kiss and ride are asked to pull up along the drop-off area. This area is for a quick 30-60 second drop-off. This will ensure we do not create a backlog of traffic in this lane and those who need to drop off and go quickly can do so. Please pull all the way to the front of the Kiss N Ride lane if space permits. Please do not stop on the curve of the parking lot to drop off children, and be aware of children walking on the sidewalk near the gate to the pavement.
If you would like to stay longer or leave your vehicle, please park your car in the parking lot.
Many families at St. Catherine of Alexandria were sent an email or received a phone call the week of August 30th regarding students with medical conditions.
• All packages were due to the office last week. If you still have a package, please complete and send back the medical documentation paperwork that was sent to you in June.
• If there are any changes from last year, please make those adjustments on the paperwork and drop them off at the main office so we can make the appropriate adjustments in our system.
• If there are no changes please sign and send back the paperwork and we will keep this on file.
• If your child requires medication to be kept at school such as an epipen or inhaler, please place in a zip lock bag with your child’s first and last name. Please bring medication to Catherine of Alexandria no later than Monday, September 20th.
• If you are new to the school and your child has a medical condition, and you have not completed the documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the child’s name, teacher and information and the Vice Principal Mrs. Foster will be in touch with you.
Students leaving School Property at Lunch
Students who leave the school property must have permission from their parents. If your child will go home for lunch on a daily basis please indicate this on the family Consent Forms. If you indicate your child is going home for lunch, that is the routine for the school year. Students who go home for lunch occasionally must submit a letter to their classroom teacher with the date and parent’s signature. Due to the high volume of calls at the office, we ask all lunch arrangements be made the day before.
When students go home for lunch, they must return on time and report to their class. Students who return from lunch early should not play at the Purple park located behind the schoolyard.
Our annual Curriculum Night will be held this year on Thursday, September 23, 2021, at 6:30 pm. Please save the date!! Further information and links to join the virtual sessions will be emailed next week from your child’s classroom teacher.
Item’s dropped off at the Office
Please send your child each day with their healthy lunch and labelled water bottle when you drop them
off in the morning. We want to avoid disruptions to the class and student learning, If you must drop off an item during the school day, please label all items with a first and last name, buzz the office and leave the labelled item on the table in the front foyer.
All water fountains are operating on a water filling station. Students must bring a labelled water bottle to school and can fill the water bottle at any time.
Lunch Time Supervisors Needed
We continue to look for Lunch Time Supervisors. If you have an hour to spare at lunch, we would love to have you join our HCDSB team. Please email Mrs, Foster for details. email@example.com
Virtual Family Paint Night
HCDSB families, students and staff are invited to participate in a virtual family paint night in recognition of Orange Shirt Day on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
The online session will be hosted by Indigenous Artist, Moses Lunham, who will provide step-by-step instructions on how to create the painting at home. No prior artistic experience is necessary to get involved. However, those interested in participating can prepare for the art session by collecting the following art supplies.
A link to the live event will be available on the scheduled time and day of the presentation on the Grandmother’s Voice YouTube Channel.
For more information, visit the HCDSB website.
Red Cross/Safety First Courses Offered this Fall
Orange Shirt Day
In honour of our commitment to Truth and Reconciliation through Indigenous Education, we will be hosting Orange Shirt Day on September 30th. We recognize the harm residential schools caused to our Indigenous people and we honour those that survived and remember those that did not. We recognize the ongoing effects of intergenerational trauma caused by residential schooling and we wear an orange shirt in support of those who have been impacted by the harm of residential schools. For more information: www.orangeshirtday.org.