St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Weekly Update for June 21-25
We give our thanks, Creator God, for the fathers in our lives.
Fatherhood does not come with a manual, and reality teaches us that some fathers excel while others fail.
We ask for Your blessings for them all – and forgiveness where it is needed. This Father’s Day we remember the many sacrifices fathers make for their children and families, and the ways – both big and small – they lift children to achieve dreams thought beyond reach.
So too, we remember all those who have helped fill the void when fathers pass early or are absent – grandfathers and uncles, brothers and cousins, teachers, pastors and coaches – and the women of our families.
For those who are fathers, we ask for wisdom and humility in the face of the task of parenting. Give them the strength to do well by their children and by You.
In Your Holy name, O God, we pray. Amen
- Happy Father’s Day to all of our St.Catherine of Alexandria dads/guardians/caregivers
- Monday, June 28th– Pick Up Personal student belongings and Drop off Technology/ Books- Follow instructions and email message below:
Dear St. Catherine of Alexandria Parents and Guardians,
We are writing to let you know that our “curbside pick-up/drop off” has been arranged for Monday, June 28th. This curbside approach will maintain public health guidelines for physical distancing and allow you to return all borrowed tech devices/text books and to retrieve any personal belongings that may have been left in the school during the school closure period.
In order to facilitate this process, synchronous learning will end on Friday, June 25th. Asynchronous material will be posted for Monday, June 28th and Tuesday, June 29th for all students by your classroom teachers.
Pick Up & Drop Off Items
The following items apply for pick up:
- Personal belongings in lockers, desks and cubbies that will be bagged and labelled. These items will be available to be picked up at a table (labelled by teachers last name) outside with your child’s name on it.
The following items apply for drop off:
- Technology (devices) borrowed. Tech drop off will be at the front door.
- Music Mouth pieces from gr. 7&8 students (front door)
- Classroom Textbooks (please give to homeroom teacher)
- Library books (please give to homeroom teacher)
- Medication/epi-pens, (please come to front door and we will bring it out to you)
Please note that all devices will need to be returned by Tuesday, June 29th unless students are enrolled in a summer learning program and they require the device for learning.
Please use the link below to ‘sign up’ for the desired time that fits with your schedule. The link provided will also let you know where you can find your child’s teacher on the property. We will be using both parking lots and will have tables spaced out at a safe distance from each other, and labelled with your child’s teacher’s name. Due to the size of our school, we cannot accommodate family groupings, meaning you may have to come to the school at different times to drop off/pick up materials. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but it is the easiest way for our school to manage while adhering to our Public Health guidelines.
Once again, please open the link below to sign up for a pick up/drop off time.
For students in portables and JK/SK students– pick up will be in the South parking lot. JK/SK teachers/D.E.C.E’s closer to the outdoor playground, and portable teachers right in front of portables. For teachers in grades 1-8 and PTM’s, they will all be located in the North parking lot in Alphabetical order. Please see labelled desks/tables upon arrival.
LINK with Instructions:
1. Go to the scheduling webpage at https://stca.parentinterview.com
2. Enter the Access Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
4. Click on your child’s teacher’s name
5. Click on an Available time at which you wish to attend the school
6. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
7. Print out, email or copy down your appointment time
The Access Code for this term is : password has been emailed to you in weekly update
Do not share this code with anyone outside your school community
- Report Cards– Will be sent home via Email on Wednesday, June 23rd. If you would like to discuss with your child’s progress with his/her teacher, please give us a call at the school to arrange a time.
- Grade 8 Graduation: Wednesday, June 23rd. This year we will be having a Drive- Thru graduation for our grade 8 students. Parents of Grade 8 students: Please ensure you have signed up for your time slot. Email and link were sent June 11th so please check your junk mail if you have not received this important email. Please connect with us if you have any questions. email@example.com
- Last day of Synchronous/Live work will be Friday, June 25th. Both Monday, June 28th and Tuesday, June 29th – Students will be left asynchronous work activities. Monday is Pickup/drop off day and Tuesday teachers will be completing end of year tasks to close out the school year.
- Last day of School is Tuesday, June 29th. Thank you very much to all of our families, parents, guardians and students for being so supportive, understanding, empathetic, and caring members of our entire school community during this unprecedented time in history. Thank you to our school staff. Your efforts have been incredible and your ability to ‘learn on the fly’ and switch from in-person to on-line learning at the ‘drop of a hat’ have been commendable. Our students and staff have gone from in-person to virtual learning several times, we have introduced many protocols and safety procedures, many students have been solely on-line this entire time, and it has all been especially challenging. Thank you to our community for your understanding and patience as we have traversed this challenging time together. It would have been easy to find things to complain about as both Mr. Monaco and Mr. Albani made difficult decisions and plans for the school community, but we always felt that you understood the difficulties, trusted us and our judgement, and gave us the benefit of the doubt. Thank you so much!!
We hope to be able to see all of you in-person in the fall.