St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Weekly Update for June 14-18
God of my Life,
thank you for your presence with me this week,
in the times that were easy and the times that were hard.
Guide me to a period of rest that I might preside with you,
recharge my batteries,
and prepare to again do the work you are calling me to do next week.
This I pray in your holy and true name.
- Our grade 8 graduation this year will be a “Drive- Through” in person grad- All information and details have been emailed directly to the parents and guardians of grade 8 students in a separate email sent Friday, June 11th.
- Report cards will also be sent home electronically once again this term. More information about this process is also coming from our Board. Messaging will be passed along as soon as we have it so look for further information to come!
- Return of technology to the school (ie. Laptops, chromebooks, i-Pads): Parents/guardians will be receiving an email from the School board that outlines some general guidelines around dropping off and picking up items for students. We will make some adjustments to this and will be sending out an email to our community regarding how to most efficiently and safely drop off and pick up any items that were not brought home before we moved to the virtual learning environment. We will send instructions home next week, but drop off and pick up days will occur on Monday, June 28th and Tuesday, June 29th.
- June 28th and June 29th – Both Monday and Tuesday will be ‘asynchronous’ school days for all students. Work/activities will be provided by teachers for these two days. Teachers will be back in-school to complete year end tasks and will not be able to be ‘on live’ with their students. This has been mandated for the entire school board.
- We value your feedback! Please take a few minutes to complete the HCDSB Strategic Plan Monitoring Survey: http://bit.ly/StratPlanSurvey2021. The survey will be open from June 9th until June 23rd. Results will be used by senior staff to help evaluate our progress in meeting the goals of our Strategic Plan “Focus on Our Students: Strategic Plan 2016-2021” and will be included in the “Directors Report to Trustees – Year 5 of Implementation” in the fall. The survey is completely anonymous, and all data will be stored and protected by Research & Development Services. Questions about the survey can be directed to email@example.com.
- This June, and each day of every month, we are dedicated to nurturing safe, welcoming and inclusive learning environments that support student achievement and well-being in our Catholic schools. As previously shared by the Board, Monday, June 14th is a Board Wide Pride Awareness Day – a day to show our support and acceptance for everyone that God created. Feel free to dress in colourful outfits once again as our celebration of treating everyone with Dignity, Kindness (and Equity!) and Respect is on display for all.
- Tuesday, June 29th– Last day of School – We wish our entire School community a blessed and safe summer and hope to see everyone back at school in September.
- We hope you all continue to stay safe and healthy as restrictions are being lifted. We will communicate with you next week so stay tuned. Enjoy the upcoming beautiful weekend.