In You we find the support we need to carry on in life. We gather the strength we need to endure the hardships life brings.
Our own physical capabilities and our motivational drives may fail us many times, but You faithfully rescue us.
You are the Source of the strength we most need. Rid my heart of fear, knowing You are always with me.
Clear my mind of troubling thoughts, knowing You are my Almighty God, the Foundational Rock, and Strength of my heart.
- In-school instruction for elementary school students is planned to resume on Monday, January 25, 2021. If there are changes we will communicate it to you as soon as we have been made aware of them.
- Access to Your Child’s Learning Platform: D2L Brightspace
- Having Tech Issues? Contact our HCDSB Help Desk for Remote Learners
- Teacher Absences
- There may be times when your child’s teacher must be absent due to illness or other reasons. When this happens, we do our best to ensure a supply teacher is assigned to cover the class for the day. Unfortunately, due to ongoing demands across our school district, supply teachers are not always available to cover every absence on any given day.
- When a supply teacher is assigned, they will take attendance in the morning, and again after lunch, as per our usual practice. Your child will work on the asynchronous activities that have been posted in D2L, and the supply teacher will be available to answer questions and support students through these activities.
- If a supply teacher is not available, your child will work on the asynchronous activities posted in D2L.
- Regardless of whether a supply teacher has been assigned to cover the classroom teacher’s absence, your child’s Core French/Social Studies/Arts class will proceed and the FSL/PTM/Arts teacher will be online to provide synchronous instruction, as scheduled.
- We will communicate with parents and guardians when a classroom teacher is absent, and let you know if a supply teacher has been assigned.
- Thank you for your ongoing flexibility, support and understanding during this period of remote learning.
- Student Attendance
- During this period of remote learning, we continue to promote regular attendance, as it is important for students to remain engaged in their learning so they can stay on top of the curriculum and feel more connected to their peers while our school is closed.
- As noted in PPM 164: Requirements for Remote Learning, schools are required to take daily student attendance throughout the period of remote learning.
- Attendance will be taken twice daily: once in the morning and again after lunch. If your child is not able to attend or participate in remote learning on any given day, please report his or her absence, as you typically would during in-person learning through the SchoolMessenger Safe Arrival System: https://www.hcdsb.org/parents/report-your-childs-absence/.
- We will be following our usual process of contacting parents and guardians when student absences are not reported.