St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Weekly Update for November 9-13
God of Creation,
You have blessed us with the changing of the seasons.
As we embrace these autumn months, may the earlier setting of the sun remind us to take time to rest.
May the crunch of the leaves beneath our feet remind us of the brevity of this earthly life.
May the steam of our breath in the cool air remind us that it is You who gave us Your breath of life.
May the scurrying of the squirrels and the migration of the birds remind us that You call us to follow Your will. We praise You for Your goodness, forever and ever.
- Remembrance Day Liturgy– We will have a Remembrance Day Liturgy on Wednesday, November 11th at approximately 11 am. We will provide each student with a poppy. Please feel free to send in a donation which teachers will collect. If you are sending a small donation for the poppy please send it on Monday or Tuesday.
- Halloween Dance and Fundraising: Thank you to our Catholic School Council for assisting in the coordination of our Halloween Fun dance. The students thoroughly enjoyed their time outside, wearing costumes, and dancing. We have currently raised approximately $7000 which we greatly appreciate!! We are still accepting On-line donations until November 13th. Please consider donating if you can. Thanks very much!
- Bus Safety Presentations: Each year we normally have Bus Safety presentations in our gym. This purpose is to review safety precautions and protocols for all students. This year, a pre-recorded presentation has been prepared in order to provide our yearly reminder of bus safety and protocols to our students. We have set aside Friday, November 13th for each class to view the presentation independently. The link which has been provided to each classroom teacher has grade specific resources and activities as well.
- Updated Return to School Plan– Please open the link for reminders and updates in regards to the Board’s Return to School Plan. We continue to persevere with our students to keep everyone safe. Daily reminders during morning announcements and class discussions about keeping socially distant, wearing masks, cleaning hands, and staying safe continue on a daily basis. We appreciate the great number of parents/guardians who are role models to our students about the importance of wearing masks and keeping socially distant when dropping off and picking students up.
- Report Cards– Will be arriving home on Tuesday, November 24th– Report Cards will be sent electronically to all families this year.
- Parent-Teacher Conference Information
Dear Parents and Guardians of St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School,
We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews on Thursday, November 26th from 4:00 – 8:45 pm and Friday, November 27th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. This year, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
You will be able to make appointments from November 9th at 7:00 am until November 23rd at 1:00 pm.
1. Go to the St. Catherine of Alexandria scheduling webpage at https://stca.parentinterview.com
2. Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
4. Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
7. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
8. Print out, email or copy down your schedule and bring it with you
The Parent Code is provided in individual parent/guardian emails that you have received and not here.
Should you wish to delete an appointment you have made, click on “Delete” beside the meeting you wish to have removed from your schedule.
If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time. If you need help using the service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to the internet at home or in the workplace, please call parent Interview toll-free at 1-866-810-0076, and someone will be happy to make your appointments with you.
We look forward to speaking with you.
The Teachers and Administration of St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School
- Dogs on School Property– Although we love all of our furry friends, some of our students are highly allergic, and/or very afraid of dogs. As such, we ask that you refrain from bringing ‘Fido’ onto school property in the morning or after school. If your dog loves joining you as you walk over to the school, perhaps your child can meet you at the border of city property and school property as a compromise. Thanks for your understanding. This is a rule that all schools within the HCDSB are expected to abide by.
- Library Learning Commons:
Students may now reserve library books online through the school library catalogue: https://hcdsb.insigniails.com/LibrarySSO/Home?LibraryID=alex
Here is the process:
Step 1 – make sure you are logged in using your student number (not the OEN). If you are logged into your device and on D2L, the system should automatically recognize you.
Step 2 – search for the book you want
Step 3 – click on the reserve button to the right of the book title
- It’s that easy. All students have the option of receiving library books weekly (primary) or biweekly (junior/intermediate). Those that do not place a reservation will still get a book on library day. Happy reading! Questions? Email email@example.com
Hello St. Catherine Community!!!
THE CONTEST IS UNDERWAY! We started on Sunday November 1st and in just short of 1 week we have earned $28 with another $51 pending! This is a fantastic start to our contest and the Christmas shopping season!
Don’t forget, this month we are going to draw 2 lucky winners. The first draw will be for a $100 grocery gift card and the second draw will be for a beautiful 6Ft sign created by our local, Ronald’s Roost Rustic Creations. On one side it will say Merry Christmas and on the back side it will say Welcome in a black and white colour scheme.
To enter our contest all you need to do is sign up and use the platform before you do any online shopping!
Use our invite code: LQYGH5 in one of two ways:
1. Download the free FlipGive app at the app store or
2. Join us online at www.flipgive.com
Please feel free to share the code with family and friends. They too can be entered into the contest.
If you have any questions you can reach out to Patrizia or Kristina at:
Thank you for your support and Happy Shopping!