St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over our lives. Forgive us for when we don’t thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you’ve given. We’re so grateful to you for your amazing love and care, for your mercy and grace, for always working on our behalf, even behind the scenes when we’re unaware. Thank you that you are always with us and will never leave us, even through loss and the most difficult of times. Thank you for your incredible sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with Your peace and joy.
We give you thanks and praise, for You alone are worthy!
In Jesus’ Name,
Report Cards and Parent-Teacher Interviews:
- As you are aware, report cards were sent home electronically this past Tuesday, November 24th. Parent – Teacher interviews began after school this past Thursday and continue throughout the day on Friday, November 27th. We trust that you were able to have a good conversations about your child’s progress. As always, if you continue to have questions or any concerns please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher as we progress through the year.
Keeping our School Community Safe and Healthy:
- Student Lockers:
As the winter months are quickly approaching, here are a few reminders about locker use and protocols in place this year:
- Students can use lockers to store OUTERWEAR ONLY.
- Personal items such as backpacks, textbooks, writing tools, lunches, etc., will continue to be kept in the classroom at all times.
- To ensure students spend minimal time at their locker, locks are NOT PERMITTED on student lockers.
- Students are assigned an individual locker. Students are not to share a locker unless they live in the same household and are in the same class.
- Physical distancing protocols are in place at St.Catherine of Alexandria school to avoid congregating in the hallways.
- Update Contact Information:
If there have been any recent changes to your contact information, please update your contact information with the school office.
Up-to-date contact information is important if your child becomes ill at school and needs to be picked up, or in the case that COVID-19 contact tracing needs to occur.
Not Receiving Emails from us or HCDSB?
If you have not been receiving emails from our school or HCDSB, please first check with the school office to ensure your email contact information is correct.
If your contact information is correct, your email provider is marking emails from us as spam/junk. To correct this, please follow these instructions: https://www.hcdsb.org/DropOffLibrary/2019-11-EmailInstructions.pdf
- As you may know, Halton Region is in the Red Level (Control) of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework. It is strongly recommended that residents in the red control zone limit trips outside of their home:
- Stay home, except for essential purposes such as going to work or school, buying essentials such as groceries, and attending medical appointments.
- Maintain a physical distance of two metres (six feet) from those outside their household. Those that live alone may join one designated household.
- Avoid all social gatherings such as play dates, birthday parties, and dinner parties with friends or family.
Checking for Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19
Please continue to monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19, and remember to complete the self-assessment tool each day before leaving for work: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
NEW! Halton Region Public Health is now asking all staff and students to conduct a daily self-assessment EVERY day, even on weekends. Please follow the instructions on the school screening tool.
COVID-19 Test Results
- If you have been tested for COVID-19,you must stay home and self-isolate until you receive your test results. Please do NOT come to work as you await your results.
- Ifanybody living is your household tests positive for COVID-19, you must stay home and self-isolate, even if you have no symptoms.
Water Fountains at School:
A reminder to parents/guardians that although the water fountains are not operating, we have filling stations that are in use. The filling stations are a great way for our students to continue to stay hydrated, but students have to remember to bring in their own water bottle. Please label them with your child’s name.
Dropping Items off at School:
Please ensure all items that must be dropped off during the school day are labelled. We will call your child down to the office to pick up forgotten items.