St.Catherine of Alexandria School
A drop of water.
Insignificant in isolation.
When dropped in a pool
The ripples move out into infinity
The water is changed
By one drop of water.
A drop is falling
Into the pool of our spirit.
The water begins to ripple…
as we consider the magnitude of a drop of water
to touch and change the pool,
may we hear the power of your touch in our lives,
the potential for our lives to touch others.
- Virtual Visit- Father Joshua Lobo on Wednesday, November 25th
- “Who Do You Say That I Am?” – Presentation by Fr. Joshua Lobo on the HCDSB 2017-2021 Theological Theme
(The presentation will be about the Gospel of Matthew 16, discovering Who Jesus is and Q/A.)
- Presentation Times.
- 9:25-9:55 — Fr. Josh with Kindergarten / Primary Students
10:00-10:30 — Fr. Josh with Junior Students
10:35-11:05 — Fr. Josh with Intermediate Students
- In preparation for Fr. Josh’s visit, classroom teachers can show the age-appropriate video on the Gospel reading Fr. Josh will talk about beforehand, and students will be welcome to brainstorm any questions that students like to ask Fr. Josh about God, Jesus, the Church, or being a priest.
- Report Cards– Will be arriving home on Tuesday, November 24th– Report Cards will be sent electronically to all families this year.
- PA Day- Friday, November 27th– No school for students
- Parent-Teacher Conference Information
Dear Parents and Guardians of St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School,
We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews Virtually on Thursday, November 26th from 4:00 – 8:45 pm and Friday, November 27th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. This year, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
You will be able to make appointments from November 9th at 7:00 am until November 23rd at 1:00 pm.
1. Go to the St. Catherine of Alexandria scheduling webpage at https://stca.parentinterview.com
2. Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
4. Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
7. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
8. Print out, email or copy down your schedule and bring it with you
The Parent Code for this term has been sent to your email address and is in the weekly update.
Do not share this code with anyone outside your school community
Should you wish to delete an appointment you have made, click on “Delete” beside the meeting you wish to have removed from your schedule.
If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time. If you need help using the service, please email email@example.com
If you do not have access to the internet at home or in the workplace, please call parent Interview toll-free at 1-866-810-0076, and someone will be happy to make your appointments with you.
We look forward to speaking with you.
- Updated Return to School Plan– Please open the link for reminders and updates in regards to the Board’s Return to School Plan. We continue to persevere with our students to keep everyone safe. Daily reminders during morning announcements and class discussions about keeping socially distant, wearing masks, cleaning hands, and staying safe continue on a daily basis. We appreciate the great number of parents/guardians who are role models to our students about the importance of wearing masks and keeping socially distant when dropping off and picking students up.
- As we are seeing Covid Numbers continue to rise, we continue to hear from Parents and Guardians of our community. Although masks are not mandated to be worn outside during drop off and pick up, we encourage you to do so. It provides added piece of mind to our school community.
- Dropping items off during the school day– If your child has forgotten an item at home and you are going to be dropping it off at school, please come to the main entrance and press the buzzer. All items must be labelled with your child’s name on it. We will call your child to the office to pick up the item.
- Hello St. Catherine Community
Thank you for those that have joined FlipGive this past week. We have 10 days left in our November contest. With Black Friday sales happening now, it’s the perfect time to get your entries in!
The first draw will be for a $100 grocery gift card and the second draw will be for a beautiful 6Ft sign created by our local, Ronald’s Roost Rustic Creations. On one side it will say Merry Christmas and on the back side it will say Welcome in a black and white colour scheme.
To enter our contest all you need to do is sign up and use the platform before you do any online shopping!
Use our invite code: LQYGH5 in one of two ways:
1. Download the free FlipGive app at the app store or
2. Join us online at www.flipgive.com
Please feel free to share the code with family and friends. They too can be entered into the contest.
If you have any questions you can reach out to Patrizia or Kristina at:
Thank you for your support and Happy Shopping!