Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My spirit space to act through you.
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.”
~ 1 Corinthians 6:19
- Parent-Teacher Conference Information
Dear Parents and Guardians of St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School,
We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews Virtually on Thursday, November 26th from 4:00 – 8:45 pm and Friday, November 27th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. This year, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
You will be able to make appointments from November 9th at 7:00 am until November 23rd at 1:00 pm.
1. Go to the St. Catherine of Alexandria scheduling webpage at https://stca.parentinterview.com
2. Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
3. Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
4. Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
5. Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
7. Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
8. Print out, email or copy down your schedule and bring it with you
The Parent Code for this will be made available by email to you tomorrow at lunch time. It is the same password that was emailed last week. We wanted to avoid posting it here as this can be viewed by the public.
Should you wish to delete an appointment you have made, click on “Delete” beside the meeting you wish to have removed from your schedule.
If you misplace your schedule, you may use your Confirmation # to retrieve your schedule from the website at any time. If you need help using the service, please email email@example.com
If you do not have access to the internet at home or in the workplace, please call parent Interview toll-free at 1-866-810-0076, and someone will be happy to make your appointments with you.
We look forward to speaking with you.
- Dogs on School Property (reminder #2)– Although we love all of our furry friends, some of our students are highly allergic, and/or very afraid of dogs. As such, we ask that you refrain from bringing ‘Fido’ onto school property in the morning or after school. If your dog loves joining you as you walk over to the school, perhaps your child can meet you at the border of city property and school property as a compromise. Thanks for your understanding. This is a rule that all schools within the HCDSB are expected to abide by.
- Updated Return to School Plan– Please open the link for reminders and updates in regards to the Board’s Return to School Plan. We continue to persevere with our students to keep everyone safe. Daily reminders during morning announcements and class discussions about keeping socially distant, wearing masks, cleaning hands, and staying safe continue on a daily basis. We appreciate the great number of parents/guardians who are role models to our students about the importance of wearing masks and keeping socially distant when dropping off and picking students up.
- As we are seeing Covid Numbers continue to rise, we continue to hear from Parents and Guardians of our community. Although masks are not mandated to be worn outside during drop off and pick up, we encourage you to do so. It provides added piece of mind to our school community.
- Report Cards– Will be arriving home on Tuesday, November 24th– Report Cards will be sent electronically to all families this year.
- Remembrance Day Liturgy on November 11th– Thank you to our wonderful grade 6 students who presented our very first Remembrance Day Liturgy. The liturgy gave us all goosebumps and it honored all of the soldiers who gave their lives for our freedom. We are so proud of our students and teachers for this special presentation.
- Bus Safety Presentations– Students have viewed and discussed a special bus safety presentation with their classroom teachers this past week. As an addition to this, a few bus drivers have brought a safety concern to our attention. We are asking parents to ensure they only walk on the sidewalks outside of our school and not ‘cut across’ the driveway where buses are located. At the end of the day the sun is shining directly through the front windshields of each bus making it more difficult to see parents as they walk on our driveway.
- Thank you for your Donations!- From the Georgetown Bread Basket- Another THANK YOU and shout out to one of our Georgetown elementary schools. Staff and Students at St. Catherine’s of Alexandria put their time and energy in to completing another successful food drive this Fall. These wonderful students donated over 980 pounds of food to help fill the shelves at the GBB! We know times are difficult for many families during this time so we appreciate that our schools are supporting those in need in way they can! We at the GBB thank you!
Hello St. Catherine Community!!!
THE CONTEST IS UNDERWAY! We started on Sunday November 1st and we are up to $180.00 earned $97 pending! This is absolutely fantastic. Thank you !!
Don’t forget, this month we are going to draw 2 lucky winners. The first draw will be for a $100 grocery gift card and the second draw will be for a beautiful 6Ft sign created by our local, Ronald’s Roost Rustic Creations. On one side it will say Merry Christmas and on the back side it will say Welcome in a black and white colour scheme.
To enter our contest all you need to do is sign up and use the platform before you do any online shopping!
Use our invite code: LQYGH5 in one of two ways:
1. Download the free FlipGive app at the app store or
2. Join us online at www.flipgive.com
Please feel free to share the code with family and friends. They too can be entered into the contest.
If you have any questions you can reach out to Patrizia or Kristina at:
Thank you for your support and Happy Shopping!