St.Catherine of Alexandria
Weekly Update for October 19th-23rd
On this day I ask You to grant this request
May I know who I am and what I am,
Every moment of every day.
May I be a catalyst for light and love,
And bring inspiration to those whose eyes I meet.
May I have the strength to stand tall in the face of conflict,
And the courage to speak my voice, even when I’m scared.
May I have the humility to follow my heart,
And the passion to live my soul’s desires.
May I seek to know the highest truth
And dismiss the gravitational pull of my lower self.
May I embrace and love the totality of myself
My darkness as well as my light.
May I be brave enough to hear my heart
To let it soften so that I may gracefully
Choose faith over fear.
Today is my day to surrender anything that stands
Between the sacredness of my humanity and my divinity.
May I be drenched in Your Holiness
And engulfed by Your love.
May all else melt away.
And so it is.
- This past Thursday, October 15th we held a Virtual Curriculum Night. We are hoping that you were able to see your child’s teacher virtually and learn about class routines, grade level curriculum, and see the classroom. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher at the school.
- For Halloween this year, students will be able to come to school dressed in their costumes on Thursday,October 29 (rain date Friday, Oct.30). We will have Halloween inflatables at the back of the school and students will have the opportunity to show off their costumes and take part in a Spook-tac-ular Dance and have some fun outside with their class cohort during a designated time outside.
- The following are suggested questions to reflect on when choosing a costume to avoid being disrespectful or offensive:
- Is my costume making fun of a group of people, their culture or religion?
- Does my costume reinforce jokes and stereotypes about certain groups, cultures or religions?
- Am I altering my skin color, facial/body features to make it darker or like a particular race, ethnicity, or cultural group?
- Am I dressing up as a culture or borrowing from a religion that is not my own or is not part of my background?
- Do I understand and respect the history or tradition of the culture that I am borrowing my costume from?
- If you have any questions or concerns about Covid procedures and protocols, please click on the link below for the HCDSB Return to School Plan.
- Dropping Items off at School: A reminder about dropping off any items at the school for your child: Please clearly mark everything that is sent in with your child’s name. Having said that, we would highly appreciate ensuring your child has everything at the beginning of the day. Normally it would not be a concern if parents/guardians drop things off, but with Covid -19 we are trying to restrict the numbers of adults coming into the building. Please ‘buzz’ and we will come to outside to you, but please only come if it is absolutely necessary.