God of my Life,
thank you for your presence with me this week,
in the times that were easy and the times that were hard.
Guide me to a period of rest that I might preside with you,
recharge my batteries,
and prepare to again do the work you are calling me to do next week.
This I pray in your holy and true name. Amen.
St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Weekly Update for Sept.21-25
- At St.Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School, we invite you to consider being part of our School Council. Please complete the attached form electronically and send by 4:00 pm on September 25, 2020 to email@example.com Please see below for more on School Council.
· COVID-19 Symptoms/Exposure Protocol- Updated as of Sept.16th
Students or staff with symptoms BEFORE the school day begins
Students or staff who show signs/symptoms of COVID-19 before the start of the school/work day should:
- Stay at home
- Seek medical advice, including the recommendation of testing for COVID-19 as appropriate or as advised by their medical provider
- In some circumstances, special efforts may be needed to facilitate access to COVID-19 testing to meet the needs of some staff or students/families
- Remain isolated and excluded from school until test results are received as per COVID-19 Class Order.
UPDATE: As of September 16, 2020, household members and close contacts of a symptomatic individual are no longer required to self-isolate. Siblings of a symptomatic student do not have to be sent home or miss school while awaiting test results for the symptomatic student.
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, Halton Region Public Health will notify the individual, the close contacts and the school.
- parents are able to access the Daily Self-Assessment for HCDSB students HERE.
- Students or staff with symptoms DURING the school day
- Staff are to monitor self and students for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 while at school, including before and after school care affiliated with the school.
- Students should be immediately separated from others and supervised in a designated room/space. Their parent/guardian should be contacted to pick them up immediately. Ill students should not take school or public transportation.
- School Protocol should include procedures for picking up students with signs/symptoms of COVID-19.
- Any staff or essential visitors with signs/symptoms of COVID-19 must go home immediately. If they cannot return home immediately, they must be isolated in a designated room/space until their departure.
- Any staff or essential visitors with sign/symptoms of COVID-19 should avoid using public transportation.
- Advise the ill individual and/or their parent or guardian to have the ill individual seek medical advice, including the recommendation of testing for COVID-19 as appropriate or as advised by their medical provider.
- In general, schools should not report all instances of ill individuals in the school setting to Halton Region Public Health as these are frequent occurrences and typically students have nonspecific symptoms.
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, Halton Region Public Health will notify the individual and the school.
Opening School Liturgy
- Below is the link for the opening Liturgy sent by Father Dave! We will watch this is a school from our Smart Boards/Devices on Wednesday morning at 10 a.m.
- Here is a link to the liturgy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHJP2rrB6X0&feature=youtu.be
Dropping off Lunches/Personal items for Children at the School
- Please try to avoid dropping off lunches and personal items to reduce the number of people coming into the school
- If you must do so, please hit the buzzer and we will allow you to enter through the first set of doors only
- Please place any item on the table and ensure it is labelled
- We will then call your child down to office to pick up the item
St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic School Council
ELECTION PACKAGE 2020
DUE DATE FOR NOMINATION FORMS: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, 2020 4pm
Catholic School Council Election Procedures September 2020
A new “School Councils” regulation under the Education Act, which came into effect in December 2000, sets out specific requirements regarding the composition of school councils and election processes. We began to follow the outlined process in the fall of 2001, and we continue to ensure that the obligations set out in the regulations will be observed.
At St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School, we invite you to consider nominating yourself, or another parent candidate. Please select and complete the attached form and forward it to the attention of the principal by 4:00pm on September 25, 2020 electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
The principal will confirm the receipt of the nomination. The first virtual School Council meeting will be Monday, October 5th at 7pm. A ‘Teams’ meeting invite to be sent by Mr.Monaco ahead of the meeting.
We look forward to working closely with the new St. Catherine of Alexandria Catholic Elementary School Council, a supportive team of individuals dedicated to children and the preservation of Catholic Education, and to a fulfilling and productive 2020-2021 school year no matter what our future holds!