St.Catherine of Alexandria School
Weekly Update for March 9th-13th
- This year World Down Syndrome Day falls on March 21, 2020 which is during March Break. Our school community will be recognizing this day on Friday, March 13th. To help us raise awareness for children with Down Syndrome and celebrate their special talents. Students are encouraged to wear fun coloured socks on this day!
- Purple Day is an international grassroots effort dedicated to increasing awareness about Epilepsy worldwide. On March 26th annually, people in countries around the world are invited to wear purple and host events in support of epilepsy awareness. Last year, people in dozens of countries on all continents including Antarctica participated in Purple Day! St. Catherine of Alexandria Elementary School will be celebrating this day by wearing purple on Thursday March 26, 2020. Please help to raise awareness about epilepsy by wearing as much purple as you can.
- March Break- Monday, March 16th – Friday, March 20th– No school for students and staff
- Bus Safety presentations are next week for students in the gym.
Students: Stay safe- Reminders for Students and Parents
School bus travel is very safe in Ontario. Injuries and fatalities, which are very rare, happen more often outside the school bus as students are boarding and leaving the bus or crossing the street.
Parents, help keep your children safe by talking about bus safety with them.
When you board or leave a bus
- Be at the bus stop before the bus comes.
- Wait in a safe place well back from the edge of the road – don’t play in ditches or on snow banks.
- Stay out of the DANGER ZONE. If you can touch the bus, you’re too close. U se 10 giants steps to take you out of the DANGER ZONE, and make sure you and the bus driver can see each other.
- Always cross the road in front of the bus, never behind.
- Look all ways and wait for the driver to signal before you cross in front of a bus.
- Walk at least 10 big steps from the front of the bus.
- Enter or exit the bus in single file. Never push or shove.
- Walk – never run – across the road.
- NEVER stop to pick up anything that you may have dropped in the DANGER ZONE. Ask an adult or the bus driver to help.
While on the bus
- Find a seat right away. Stay seated, facing forward at all times.
- Don’t put things in the aisle.
- Never distract the bus driver. Always follow his or her instructions.
- Don’t eat or drink.
- Don’t yell, push people or throw things.
- Keep your arms and head inside the bus.
- Parents/Guardians are reminded to be very cautious in the morning when School buses are dropping of our students. We highly recommend dropping students off in the Kiss n’ Ride section of the parking lot instead of dropping off at the front of the school where our buses park. Please use extreme caution when your child exits your vehicle and are close to one of the buses dropping off students or slowly creeping forward.
- Flip Give: Happy Friday St. Catherine families. We hope you had a good week !
Please take a minute to read the attachment. I’ve attached information about a contest FlipGive is hosting where we as a school can win $5000.00 !!!
Its super easy to enter… we all just need to launch our St. Catherine of Alexandria FlipGive page before we shop!
I’ve also included instructions on how to keep your FlipGive account and activity completely anonymous.
To date we have earned $2625.00 out of our $7000.00 goal.
Thank you everyone and have a great weekend !
- Happy March St. Catherine’s Families!
March is upon us and SPRING is around the corner YAY!!!
We have a fresh list of upcoming events to mark this new season such as:
St. Patrick’s Day
First Day of Spring
National Women’s History Month
Earth Hour – Saturday, March 28
And of course…
EASTER, which is creeping up and before you know it, there will be fancy spring dresses and hosting Easter egg hunts!!
To celebrate, FlipGive is having a LIMITED TIME OFFER. It’s called The Shop To Win Challenge.
Every time one of our St. Catherine team members shops online through our team page between March 1st – March 31st you will be automatically entered to win a $5000.00 team credit from FlipGive !!!!! Each purchase gets 10 ENTRIES!! Imagine what we could do with that extra FREE money! We could get some new IPads and laptops for our classrooms, or new gym equipment and outdoor equipment for our children to enjoy!!
If you are an online shopper you can contribute by shopping through our team page on FlipGive and start earning FREE money for our great school and kids! If you are concerned about privacy, your activity can be totally anonymous with a few simple setting changes. (shown below)
Join our School now using our
invite code: LQYGH5 in one of 2
1. Download the free FlipGive app at https://www.flipgive.com/app?joincode=LQYGH5
2. Join online at https://www.flipgive.com/teams/join?fundraiser_name=Patrizia+Boland&joincode=LQYGH5
Feel free to share our code with family and friends so they too can take part in helping our school raise funds for our children. If you join and make a purchase within the first 14 days of opening your account we receive a $5 bonus!
For your privacy settings:
Click the grey circle on the top right hand side of your FlipGive page
Under ACCOUNT, Go To Settings:
And here is where you can change your privacy preference!
Again, please remember if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Patrizia or Kristina via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Unity is strength… when there is teamwork, wonderful things can be achieved.”