The implementation of the Daily Physical Activity mandate begun in 2006-2007 continues to be a focus at our school. This year, a Daily Physical Activity committee was formed in order to facilitate on-site teacher in-service and provide resources for the classroom activities. During this year, the 20 minute D.P.A. period continues to be integrated into the teacher’s timetables, and on the days that the students do not have Physical Education, they have 20 minutes of Daily Physical Activity.
Students in J.K. to Grade 2 have daily Physical Education classes, and students in Grades 3 to 8 have classes twice during the week.
Students may participate in cross country running, track and field, and interschool volleyball, soccer and basketball.
Clubs and Groups:
- Battle of the Books Club
- Board Games Club
- Door Monitors
- Environmental and Recycling Clubs
- French Club
- Homework Club
- Junior Literacy and Numeracy After School Program
- Literacy and Numeracy: Grade 7 and 8 After School Programs
- Milk Program – Student Helpers
- Reading Rocks: Book Buddies at recess time
- School Choirs: Junior, Intermediate
- School Band
- Student Prayer Club: Primary, Junior, Intermediate
- St. Brigid Brigade Student Council: Spirit Days, Faith in Action
- Yearbook Club
Other Competitive Activities:
- Junior and Intermediate Battle of the Books teams
- French and English Public Speaking competitions
- Honour Roll for students in Grades 4 to 8
- Principal’s Awards: Monthly, one student per class