Dear St. Brigid Families,
Please review the following information to prepare for your child’s first day of school in Grades 1-8 on Tuesday September 7th or Wednesday September 8th.
Daily Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
Self-screening must be completed each day before a student attends school by using the Ontario School and Child Care Screening Tool. If a student does not pass the self-screening, they are to remain home and follow the direction given on the screening tool. To ensure the safety of all students and staff, students are not permitted to enter the school building until the self-screening has been completed.
Confirmation of Screening
Confirmation of screening must be submitted daily to classroom teachers for the first two weeks of school (unless directed otherwise by the Ministry of Education). This process will occur through a student log that will be brought to school each day. Alternately, students who have smart phones can show their teacher the “green pass” from the Ontario School Screening Tool. For the first day of school, please utilize one of the following methods to confirm screening:
- Print a copy of the Confirmation of Screening log, complete, and send to school with your child. Copies of the log will be provided to students on their first day of school for those that do not have a printed copy from home.
- Email your child’s teacher to confirm completion of screening.
- Students who have a smart phone can show their teacher the “green pass” from the Ontario School Screening Tool.
Grade 1 teachers will greet students on the back pavement. Signs will be placed on chair markers to indicate where each class will line up. Please send your child to the appropriate line once you arrive. We kindly ask that parents do not enter the school yard. Direct entry for Grade 1 students will begin on Thursday.
Direct entry will begin for Grades 2-8 at 8:45am. Please see the list of entry/exit doors below and the attached map to ensure your child is aware of where to enter the school building. Staff will be available outside, and in the hallways to support direct entry.
Door 9 – Falcone, Rutherford, Onuoha, Fitzmaurice, Boruszkowska, Proctor, Grade 1/2 TBD, Stamatopoulos, Resendes
Door 1 – Novak, Gomes, Rudnicki, Johnson, Vital, Green, Curtis, Hager
Door 5 – Vella, Alelea, Pacheco
To support health and safety on school premises, we ask the following:
- All adults accessing the school wear a non-medical mask when distancing cannot be maintained (ie. drop off and pick up times)
- Parents/guardians are not permitted access to the school yard
- Do not leave your vehicle when using the Kiss and Ride
- Do not congregate at drop off/pick up locations around the school
Further information regarding school procedures can be found in the St. Brigid Return to School Plan 2021.
We look forward to seeing you all this week!
L. Odo and G. Butt