St Brigid Weekly Update – Week of June 7 – June 11, 2021
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we carry on with virtual learning, now until the end of the school year. Students, educators and families are doing a fantastic job given the circumstances and we are so proud of everyone!
Registration for Virtual School (2021-2022 Year)
Reminder to please complete this form ONLY if you would like to register your elementary child in the HCDSB Virtual Catholic Elementary School for the 2021-2022 school year. If you would like your child to attend school in person, no further action is required.
Some important notes before you complete this online form:
- If you would like to register more than one child in the HCDSB Virtual Catholic Elementary School, please fill out a separate form for each child.
- If you do not complete this online form, we will plan as though your child(ren) will be attending in-person instruction in September 2021.
- An opportunity to change the learning environment for your child(ren) will take place through a Change of Learning Environment Form in January 2022 with an effective change date of Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
This online form will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
Grade 8 Graduation
We are currently in the process of planning creative and innovative ways to honour students who are graduating in June. The release of the virtual graduation video will be on June 23rd, with a curbside drive-by for graduation certificates on June 24th. We will be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
Free Family Paint Nights
Join @IndigenousHCDSB on June 9th for another virtual family paint night with Moses Lunham! The theme of this paint night is “Strawberry Being the First Fruit of the Season”. More info & paint supplies available here: https://bit.ly/3wlzHJd
This session will be on the HCDSB YouTube Channel to start 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Moses Lunham will provide step-by-step instructions, encouragement and has agreed to leave the live video up for a period of one week between each session.
The Premier of Ontario announced that all Ontario elementary and secondary schools will remain closed for in-person learning for the rest of the school year. See the Press Release here.
Updates will continue to be provided as they become available, and will be shared in the following ways from HCDSB:
- Email to Parents/Guardians and Staff
- Updates to our Return to School Plan website
- Twitter: @HCDSB
- Instagram: @HaltonCatholicDSB
The HCDSB Mental Health leadership team have developed a number of resources to support students and families and they are posted on the HCDSB website at: https://www.hcdsb.org/students/mental-health-well-being/
Please continue to reference the Halton Public Health website for updates and items related to COVID within Halton region.
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Butt