St Brigid Weekly Update – Week of June 21 – June 25, 2021
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we near the end of remote learning. Students, educators and families are doing a fantastic job given the circumstances and we are so proud of everyone!
Grade 8 Graduation
The time has come to celebrate our grade 8 graduates this coming week! We are excited to be able to offer a virtual graduation ceremony on June 23rd and in-person curbside graduation on June 24th.
The virtual ceremony will be emailed out to families at 7 p.m. on June 23rd.
Any students who ordered graduation photos to be delivered to the school will handed out on June 24th during the curbside graduation.
Technology and Textbook Return
All technology and textbooks can be returned on Monday, June 28th from 12 – 3 p.m. and/or Tuesday, June 29th from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Messaging will be coming out on Monday with specifics surrounding the return of all borrowed technology and textbooks to the school.
All students will be provided with asynchronous learning activities by their teachers, for June 28th and June 29th.
Once again, in light of health and safety protocols due to COVID-19, all student report cards will be delivered electronically. Elementary Term 2 Report Cards will be emailed directly to parents and guardians on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
On March 22, 2021, the Halton OECTA Elementary Association began a job action across our district. As part of the current phase of job action, permanent teachers have been directed by OECTA not to prepare or input comments on student report cards. In light of this job sanction, for most elementary students, the report card will include grade marks, but no comments.
Notwithstanding the above, please note the following:
- If your child’s teacher is a Long Term Occasional Teacher (i.e. not a permanent teacher with the Board), your child’s report card will include both grade marks and comments.
- If your child is in Kindergarten, one comment (sentence) will be included in each frame of the report.
- If your child is evaluated on an alternative report card (which does not include a grade mark), the report will include one comment (sentence) for each section of the report.
As always, if you have any questions about your child’s learning, please contact their teacher directly.
Courtesy Bus Seats on Hold for 2021-2022
- Halton Student Transportation Services will not be offering courtesy seats for the 2021-2022 school year. If public health determines that this option can be made available safely, we will update you on the application and acceptance process.
- For more information, please see the HSTS website here: https://www.haltonbus.ca/
COVID-19 Youth Vaccination Program Continues
- Youth aged 12 years of age and over who live or attend school in Halton are able to book their COVID-19 vaccination through Halton Region’s online booking system.
- Halton Region Public Health will offer first doses to all youth aged 12 to 17 years of age in June, and second doses by the end of August.
- Appointments for the Youth Vaccination Program will be available at Halton COVID-19 vaccination community clinic locations administering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- NOTE: Youth must have had their 12th birthday by the date of the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- For more information, please see the announcement on our school website here: https://elem.hcdsb.org/ourladyofpeace/2021/05/covid-19-youth-vaccination-program/
HCDSB Strategic Plan Monitoring Survey
We value your feedback! Please take a few minutes to complete the HCDSB Strategic Plan Monitoring Survey: http://bit.ly/StratPlanSurvey2021. The survey will be open from June 9th until June 23 rd. Results will be used by senior staff to help evaluate our progress in meeting the goals of our Strategic Plan “Focus on Our Students: Strategic Plan 2016-2021” and will be included in the “Directors Report to Trustees – Year 5 of Implementation” in the fall. The survey is completely anonymous, and all data will be stored and protected by Research & Development Services. Questions about the survey can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Butt