St Brigid Weekly Update – Week of December 9, 2019
Thank you to all our families who joined us for our Advent Craft and Family Advent Mass at Holy Cross Church last week! Special thanks to Father Dave for celebrating Mass and to our CSC members for organizing the craft for our families! The crafts created were well done!
Congratulations to our Grade 2 students who celebrated their First Reconciliation this weekend! May God guide you and bless you on your journey as a child of God.
Our St. Brigid School Community, Grades 1 through 8, will celebrate our school Advent Mass at Holy Cross Church on Tuesday, December 10th at 10:00 a.m. Please ensure that your child/children are dressed to walk to the church. Family members are welcome to join us!
Please remind your children that they are to proceed directly to the school yard prior to school starting in the morning and not linger at the bike racks or the community park as these areas are not directly supervised by staff.
Once again this year, in an effort to assist local families in our community, we will be offering our Angel Tree initiative. The St. Brigid Catholic School Community will be collecting donations for the following organizations:
· Halton Women’s Place “Angel Tree” – Students can take an angel from the tree. You can send the angel back with a gift card donation. Some suggestions for gift cards are as follows: WalMart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Dollarama, Winners, Grocery stores and stores for children’s clothing or gifts.
· Halton Police Miracle on Main Street Toy Drive (formerly known as Toys for Tots). The Halton Regional Police are one of our community partners and we are supporting them in this major toy drive. We will accept donations of “unwrapped toys” until Friday December 13th.
· Holy Cross H.E.L.P.S. (Helping Ease Local Poverty and Suffering) – monetary donations can be made via our SchoolCashOnline and will be forwarded to the parish.
Students who make donations will be able to complete an Angel Tree ornament, which will be hung in the front foyer of the school. Thank you for your generosity and support!
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Tuesday, December 10th
- Advent Mass at Holy Cross Church at 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, December 11th
- Officer Hunchak visit with Grades 7 & 8
Thursday, December 12th
- Grade 4 trip to The Living Arts Centre
- 9th Annual Gingerbread Family Night – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Coming of the Cross Arrival at St. Brigid School
Friday, December 13th
- Coming of the Cross School liturgy
Important Upcoming Dates!
Thursday, December 19th – Christmas Character or Christmas Sweater Day in support of various charities – Donations on School Cash Online
Friday, December 20th – Early Dismissal – Students will be dismissed at 2:00 pm. Students will return to school Monday, January 6, 2019.
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Butt