St Brigid Weekly Update – Week of September 9, 2019
The first week of school is always exciting, as we catch up with old friends, meet new friends and meet new teachers. It is also a week when we learn new routines and expectations both in individual classrooms and in all areas of the school, including our playground. This week, on Thursday, Mrs. Lanois and Mrs. Butt met with each division to welcome students, review our Code of Conduct and behavioural expectations. These can be found in the front of each student agenda. Students were also reminded that they are all, “A Wonderful Gift From God” and all students were encouraged to set goals for the 2019 -2020 school year!
School Cash Online provides parents with easy access to make secure online payments for a variety of student activities. It is the preferred method of payment for all school related matters. For more information about this and to register visit School Cash Online
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
- Pizza and Milk Orders are due by September 18, 2019 – Late orders cannot be accepted
- Monday, September 16, 2019 is a P.A. Day
- Please return any outstanding Family Information Packages as soon as possible
- Student agenda payment can also be paid for online.
- OnMonday September 9, here at St. Brigid we invite you to wear something red to encourage conversation and education about FASD. Don’t have something red? No problem just be a part of the conversation and learn more about Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
- Catholic School Council nominations are due September 10th at 4pm.
- Roots of Empathy is an international, evidence-based classroom program that helps students build empathy and social/emotional competence. We have implemented this international program at St. Brigid School for several years. We are looking for two “Roots of Empathy Families” to join us at St. Brigid this year. If you have a baby that will be 2-4 months old in September – November please contact Mrs. Raymond for further details. 905-877-1779.
- Senior Boys and Girls Volleyball tryouts begin this week; students interested in trying out must return permission forms and attend try outs
- Cross country practices will begin soon! Students interested in running cross country should also be training at home! More information coming soon! Just a note, our Cross Country Meet will take place on Wednesday, October 9, 2019. This meet will be for students in Grades 4 to Grade 8.
- Any parents, grandparents or family members, with a current criminal reference check on file, who are interested in supporting our students by praying the rosary once weekly in October, please contact the main office at 905-877-1779.
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Butt