Each month we focus on a Gospel Value. Our Gospel Value for the month of September is Faith. Faith is the great value of believing in God and trusting that God is with us. A faithful person believes that we are created, guided by and destined to be reunited with God. A faithful person believes that God helps us to create a safe and caring school. Monthly awards are presented to students who demonstrate the monthly Gospel value.
The safety of our students at St. Brigid School, like in all school across the Halton Region, is a priority. Please ensure you report your absence to the office when your child will be away.
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
- Monday, September 16, 2019 is a P.A. Day. The agenda for the day is posted on our website.
- Monday, September 30th – BBQ 5:00 – 6:15pm & Curriculum Night 6:30 – 8:00pm. This year we have Troy’s Catering and food will be purchased and paid for on-site. More details will follow for this evening.
- Please return any outstanding Family Information Packages as soon as possible.
- Lunch orders for pizza and milk can be ordered and paid for on School Cash Online. The due date for ordering is: Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
- Cross country practices will be beginning! Students interested in running cross country should also be training at home! More information coming soon! Just a note…our Cross Country Meet will take place on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at Kelso Conservation Area. This meet will be for all students in Grades 4 to Grade 8.
- Those students with anaphylaxis are reminded to be wearing their Epi-pens at all times and ensure all packages are submitted to the office, with an extra Epi-pen.
- Supervision begins at 8:45 a.m. in both the kindergarten area and the playground. YMCA Staff may be outside however they are only responsible for students in the Before School Program.
- From 8:45 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. only students and staff, along with registered guests and volunteers, are permitted in the playground. Parents and guardians are required to wait at the gate during drop off and pick times. This ensures the safety of our students.
- Let’s work together to keep our students safe! Parents and students are reminded to use the sidewalks and walkways to access the playground and kindergarten yards. Parents, please model safe practices for your children! Crossing between buses and moving lanes of cars puts student safety at risk!
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Butt