St. Brigid Weekly Update – Week of June 3, 2019
It’s been another busy week! Congratulations to our grade 2 students in Madame Anthony’s and Ms. Monteiro’s classes on making their First Holy Communion this weekend at Holy Cross Church! Special thanks to Monsignor Sheridan and the team at Holy Cross for making this day a special one! Our Senior Robotics Team competed in a competition at Holy Cross School on Wednesday and finished in second place. Our senior soccer teams participated in the HCDSB North Halton tournaments this week. Our girls’ team brought home the gold and our boys played well, making it to the finals! Congratulations to all for playing well and demonstrating great sportsmanship. Last week, our grade 7 students visited Camp Tanamakoon! Students engaged in a variety of outdoor education, team building and leadership activities. A great week for all! Special thanks to all our staff and parent supervisors who accompanied our students on this trip!
Thanks to all those families who joined us on Thursday to participate in MTC Family Fun Fitness Night. Thanks to our Catholic School Council for securing Parent Reaching Out Grant Funding to support this evening as well as our school visits!
We have another busy week ahead! Our St. Brigid Bears will participate in the North Halton Track & Field Meet on Wednesday. Our St. Brigid’s Talent Show takes place this week! Please note, if it rains on Wednesday and the track meet is postponed, our daytime performance of the talent show will take place on Wednesday and not Thursday. If the Talent Show is changed, we will message via School Messenger. Our grade 8 students will spend the day in Toronto on Tuesday. The day will culminate with attending a Blue Jay’s game. ICE Dawgs are now on sale on School Cash Online! If you are moving out of the St. Brigid School community, please let the office know as soon as possible as this supports class organization for next year. Finally, if you are interested in applying for the position of Lunch Time Supervisor, please contact our office to receive an application package.
Upcoming Events & Dates to Note:
St. Brigid’s Talent Show
- Monday June 3rd at 1:15pm – K-3
- Thursday June 6th at 1:15pm – 4-8 **NB If Track & Field is cancelled on Wednesday, this show will take place on Wednesday.
- Thursday June 6th at 6:00pm
P.A. Day Friday, June 7, 2019
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, June 3, 2019
- Talent Show – Monday June 3rd at 1:15pm – K-3
- Father David Reilander from Catholic Missions in Canada– Presentation for Grades 4 – 8 in the Gym (After Talent Show)
- Catholic School Council Meeting at 6:45 p.m. in the Library
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- Kindergarten Trip to Helson’s Gallery at Halton Hills Public Library
- Grade 8 Day Trip & Blue Jays Game
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
- North Halton Track & Field Meet at Bishop Reding
- Kindergarten Trip to Helson’s Gallery at Halton Hills Public Library (Half Day Trip – 2 classes)
- Grade 2 Trip to Legoland – Ms. Maciel, Ms. Dysselhof, Mme Anthony, Ms. Monteiro, Mrs. Sequeira
- **NB If Track & Field is cancelled on Wednesday, the daytime (1:15 pm) Talent Show will take place on Wednesday
Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Grade 7 Religion Assessment
- Grade 3 Trip to Everdale Farm – Ms. Vernola, Mrs. Fontanilla and Mrs. Rutherford
- Talent Show –1:15pm – Grades 4-8 and 6:00pm Evening Performance
- Annual Celebration of Staff
Friday, June 7, 2019 – P.A. Day
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Miller