St. Brigid Weekly Update – Week of May 13, 2019
Thank you to all our families who visited St. Brigid School during Catholic Education Week! It was a busy week and we know our children were excited to have you visit their classrooms and join in liturgies and activities! On Thursday we participated in a liturgy and then our own St. Brigid Walk With Jesus!
Congratulations to all our Grade 7 Students who received the sacrament of Confirmation on Saturday. May God bless our students! Special thanks to Bishop Colli, Father Dave and the parish team from Holy Cross for a beautiful celebration.
On Friday we celebrated Ubuntu Day! Our grade 8 students were inspired by the “I am Ubuntu” presentation by Babarinde Williams wherein our whole school participated in drumming and our grades 4 to 8 students learned more about the leadership of Nelson Mandela. “Ubuntu” means “I am you” and this radical message can truly change the way we live. Students dressed in red, green and yellow. On Friday morning every person in our school received a Post It Note with a positive message written by our grade 8 students. That’s over 900 Post It Notes! Everyone was encouraged to trade notes and keep the positive messaging moving! Thanks to all our grade 8 students for demonstrating such great leadership!
Our CTK Sports Leadership Students finished their placement this week! Our St. Brigid students enjoyed all of the games played throughout the lunch hour by students in all grades – Doctor Dodgeball, Octopus, European Handball, Basketball, and Ultimate Frisbee! We will endeavor to continue intramurals during the month of May. A huge thank you to Maddie, Alex, Bri, Zach and Cam for their commitment to our St. Brigid students!
Our Senior Girls and Boys Soccer Teams will play in the CTK Soccer Tournament on May 16. Go BEARS! Track and Field training and try outs continue this week! Students in grades 5, 6, 7 and 8 are encouraged to listen to the announcements for details! Our Band is practicing in preparation for their participation in the Music Festival at Jean Vanier next week!
Upcoming Events & Dates to Note:
VICTORIA DAY HOLIDAY! – Monday, May 20, 2019!
Grade 3 EQAO Primary Assessment Dates – May 27, May 28, May 29, May 30
Grade 6 EQAO Junior Assessment Dates – May 21, May 22, May 23, May 24
St. John’s Bible visits St. Brigid School – May 24th
MTC Life Parent Presentation – May 30, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
Information & Reminders for the upcoming week:
Monday, May 13, 2019
- Intramurals – 12:05 pm Grade 3, 12:40 pm Grade 7
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 2, 12:40 pm Grade 5 & 6
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- DRESS LOUD DAY – May is Speech and Hearing Awareness Month! Celebrate with VOICE by participating in the annual DRESS LOUD DAY! Students and staff dress in their most WACKY and LOUD outfits to recognize individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- First Communion Retreat – 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 pm at Holy Cross Church (Madame Anthony and Ms. Monteiro)
- CTK Soccer Tournament – Boys and Girls
- St. John’s Therapy Dogs – Mike and Bella 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 1, 12:40 pm Grade 7
Friday, May 17, 2019
- First Communion Retreat – 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 pm at Holy Cross (Ms. Maciel, Mrs. Dysselhof, Ms. Sequeira)
- Spirit Day – Colour Day in support of Holy Cross Helps
- Intramurals: 12:05 pm Grade 4, 12:40 pm Grade 8
Enjoy the week!
Mrs. Lanois Mrs. Miller